Chapter 26

"You know." Marinette eyed a pile across her table. "Your plate is abnormally plenty for a topnotch model."

"They're just a regular healthy amount, Princess." Adrien retorted as he forked his linguine. "For a young man who grew up with croutons as a staple food."

"Croutons are not even a staple food, you bourgeoisie."

"Says by a person who inhales golden macarons 24/7, hypocrite."

She deadpanned. "That's because I lived in a bakery."

"Which makes you have no right to incriminate my diet," he answered, almost swiping a sleek hand that wormed its way to his quiche. "Hey!"

The designer laughed when she got caught red-handed, but instead of returning it, she took a bite shamelessly. And to add fuel to the fire, she placed the half-consumed pastry back to its owner's plate.

Said owner narrowed his gaze. "Are you still holding that grudge about the pretzel yesterday?"

"No. I'm just concerned about my favorite model ruining my favorite designer's clothes."

He harrumphed, patting his stomach. "Don't fret, my Lady, for I, Adrien Agreste, am not fat."

"Tell that to me once you reach the thirties."

He smiled at the thought - not about his physical state (God help him, he wasn't overweight!) but the fact that she was looking forward seeing him in the future. Her future. Their future.

"Hey, Kitty." she prodded, sensing his worries. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head, then looked at the terrain views for distraction.

One thing that he hated most about himself was his transparency towards his Lady and his vulnerability towards his Princess.

Small hands began to nudge his fingers. She didn't have to hear his explanations to know his sentiments. Words became unnecessary for Ladybug and Chat Noir - a trait that was now possessed by Marinette and Adrien.

"Once it's over..." he told her. "Can we revisit these places?"

"Without getting that L-word?"

He chortled, flushing all of his worries in the dumps. Leave it to Marinette and she'll make the world a better place.

"I think your Lady Luck can stabilize the Black Cat's curse."

"Of course."

"Of claws."

She glowered when he smirked.

He surprised her when he bought two first-class tickets going to Paris. She was very insistent to pay for her own fare, but his gentleman side won the argument. So she moped when they reached their seats, and more when he got them a breakfast 'fit for a King' (not a Princess, because no Princess can gobble a tower of pancakes).

Her broodings immediately vanished the moment he cracked a pun...which ended them to their current light-hearted banters.

After clearing their plates, thanks to their extraordinary metabolism, the two decided to take a short nap.

Marinette leaned her head on Adrien's crooked neck as he placed his own on top of her crown. Both snuggled, with hands linked together as they enjoyed the comfort and peace of each other's warmth. Sighing with contentment, they indulged themselves before they arrived in Paris.

It was a two-hour travel anyways.

.

.

.