Chapter 40

When Adrien touched the piano keys, his first thought was 'I need to tell Marinette.'

He couldn't it verbally. Words weren't enough to express the overwhelming feeling he had felt for that wonderful girl.

Despite not remembering some scenes in his dreams or the possibility that he may not be able to retrieve his missing memories anymore, as long as that single memory fragment that left him to tears was real -

The memory of Marinette swaying on a rhythm of Elvis Presley's ballad under the starry sky.

He'll be fine.

The song was supposed to be his dedication and at the same time a statement that 'hey, I had a dream about us having a Miraculous Adventure.' That the song would clear out the confusion he had within - that Marinette being Ladybug was not an illusion. That their feelings were mutual.

He didn't expect her walkout.

Bolting out from the piano stool, the blond began to search for the love of his life.

Congratulations Adrien Agreste, he cursed internally. What are the chances that you'll never fuck this up again?

He knew that he was bad with words due to his sheltered environment, but his mother once praised him for his innate talent of expressing himself through songs. His piano mentor often told him that music was a language for romance. These two people he trusted most were the reason why he remained exploring his musical repertoire, that he could romance someone through his piano.

Was he able to communicate his feelings? Was he that transparent?

Then why did she run away?

Oh my God, did I scare her again?

Upon reaching a deserted corner, he finally saw her figure stooping underneath a tree.

He had to remind himself to calm down and clear his thoughts on negative things, that he must analyze the situation thoroughly first before making an impulsive decision.

There were two routes he could think of as to why Marinette abandoned him.

Route A: "Adrien I'm so sorry I got overwhelmed by my feelings. I finally realized that I loved you for the longest time I'm so happy to be the girl in your dreams. So take me and be my boyfriend." Good End.

Route B: "Adrien, I'm so sorry I got overwhelmed by your feelings. I didn't love you and I'm not the girl in your dreams. So leave me alone you creep and I don't want you to be my boyfriend." Bad End.

When Marinette felt his approach and turned around, he immediately shut his eyes closed to prepare himself for the worst.

He was taken aback when she punched him squarely in the shoulder.

"Wha - what-what was that for?!" he yelped.

"What was that for?" the pig-tailed girl chuckled darkly then shrieked. "What was that for?! All this time you didn't tell me you fucking remembered!"

"Of course I fucking reme - " he paused for a bit. His eyes went round like saucers. "Wait a damn minute, you fucking remembered too?!"

"Too?! What do you mean 'too'?! I've been dropping hints about me, your resident superheroine, knowing you, my superhero partner, for days now!" she ranted while flailing her arms wildly.

"What do you mean 'dropping hints'?! Because I swear I can't spot them enough to connect the dots!"

"That's because you're obliviously blind!"