Chapter 15

Twenty minutes.

That was the maximum time limit for a French police to respond on an assault mission. And that countdown started after Ladybug ended the phone call.

Looking at the monitor screens and observing the commotion presented there, the superheroine mused. "You know, this reminds me of Lady Wifi."

"How so?" her feline companion asked, flexing his claws for a kill time.

"The Play." she pointed the screens. "The Pause, and the Stop." she pointed the navigator keys.

She hit one of the buttons, and one of the doors near the basement auto-locked, caging some of the guards inside.

"I see your point, M'lady. But this reminds me of someone else."

"And who would that be?"

"Stormy Weather," he smirked, pulling the main switch down and all of the light inside the mansion went dead.

The only illumination they got was the orange dusk basked from the glass windows.

"You and your night vision." she awed at Chat's green sclera. "How handy."

"It's kinda sad that the mouse only plays whenever the cat is away. So why not let the Chat invite himself?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and play your own version of Hide-and-Seek."

He chuckled when she shooed him with her hand. He grabbed the said hand then planted a kiss on its back.

"I don't mind paw-ling one for you, Bugaboo. 'Claws you will be my exclusive 'it'"

She gulped, feeling her throat dry when he purred. "Let me consider that offer, Kitty."

"I'll patiently wait, even if it'll take mew forever."

Before he could open the door and left, Ladybug called him.

"Chat?"

"Yes, my Lady?"

"Are you...are you sure that Adrien is alright?"

He was glad that she didn't have night visions to see the blush that crept on his face.

"He's safe."

"I - I see." she fidgeted with a sigh. "That's good to hear."

"You know," he muttered, observing her expression intently. "You cared so much on this Agreste kid enough to hand your Miraculous over to Papillion."

"He's special, Chat. He's my friend."

"Inside or outside mask?"

"Both for me. But for him...he only sees me whenever I have my mask on. Though recently, he told me I'm his friend outside my mask."

Who are you? - an unanswered question he had for years finally made a green light, but he refused to proceed.

It was an opportunity loss, and he knew the situation was perfect to pop it again, but he wasn't mentally prepared. Not now.

As of the moment, there was someone that warrants his attention.

Marinette.

"She's fine. Don't worry." her response surprised him, unaware that he uttered his thoughts vocally.

In the dark room, he could see the smile brimming on her face.

"Let's get our friends back, Kitty." and Adrien.

"Yeah, Bug. Let's get our friends back." and Marinette.

Chat gave a two-finger salute and let himself be swallowed by darkness.