-Chapter Nine- I Think I Need To Stop Getting Into Trouble

I looked around at my surroundings. The man I saw in the doorway was now sitting at the desk looking intently at papers. And another man was feeding an animal in a cage. There were four guys in all. The other two were just playing a card game together.

They didn't notice me sneak in, thank goodness. It was a close call though.

I slowly got up from crouching on the ground and dusted off the dust as quietly as I could so they wouldn't hear me.

I stalk forward and my leg hit the corner of a table and made a huge thud. I curse under my breath.

This seriously cant be happening right now.

"What was that sound?!" The man at the desk yelled. "Tell me!"

I hold my breathe hopping they dont know where I am. The guy at the desk was wearing a lab coat and I assumed he was a scientist or a doctor of some kind. He seemed the most paranoid out of the four.

"Hey, chill." One of the guys playing cards next to the scientist guy stated with a slight waver in his voice.

I glance at all of them from around my hiding spot and observe until the guy feeding the animal spoke up.

"Who would be here?" The man was tall and lanky. The scientist was a scrawny man with wiry, grey hair and a traditional lab coat.

"I heard a noise. What was it? Could it be one of the animals got out agian?" The other guy playing cards asked.

They all looked at each other and then the scientist spoke up.

"When were you gonna tell me one of the animals escaped?" He asked furiously.

I smile awkwardly. The man takes his glasses off and begins to clean them with his shirt.

These guys dont think it's a person. I can work with that.

"Ben, go check it out." Commanded the scientist.

The man looks at me and hands me something. I looked down at what it was that I grabbed and noticed two pills, one purple and one green.

"What's this for?" I ask confused.

The scientist just ignores me and goes over to his desk to grab something.

"Could you please take one of those pills." He said blandly.

I stared at him in annoyance.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

He glanced up at me quickly before he stoped fidgeting and came closer to me. I stood in utter confusion. What are these crazy people up to? What was that ringing I heard and why was it an intriguing sound...like a lullaby?

"One of the pills has a deadly poison in it and the other has some vitamins. Pick the one you think is not going to kill you." He says getting annoyed.

Well this sounds fun!

"Why?" I sigh.

The scientist looks at me weirdly.

"Uh... the sound you heard, I'll tell you if you pick one!" He convinced.

I take a moment to think it over and came up with something.

"And you tell me what your doing down here and I will." I negotiate.

He nods his head and goes back to scribbling nonsense.

I take a careful look at the two pills.

Ooh, Which one are you going to pick?! You could totally die! This is so exciting!