Chapter #

A/N: Two in one day??? After not updating in like a year??? I know. I'm really wilding out up in this joint.

Winter entered the school building to drop off some books in her locker. As she was dumping some of the contents of her backpack into her locker, Megan and Rachel appeared, and it looked like Rachel was on the verge of tears.

"What's up, guys?" Winter greeted her some-what friends. 

Rachel looked at her in disgust and said, "How could you not tell us that Ryder Cole was dropping to school? This is big news. I thought we were friends!" Megan patted Rachel on the back before Rachel let out a sob.

"Um... I don't have your numbers and it's not a big deal." Megan and Rachel instantly whipped out their phone and Winter put her number in them. "My mom couldn't drop me off this morning so my mom asked our neighbors to drop me to school and it turned out to be Ryder Cole even tho-," Winter started.

"Wait!! You live next door to Ryder Cole!!" Megan exclaimed. "This is a big, BIG, deal!! Emphasis on big!!"

Rachel sobbed even harder. "I. Love. Him! It's not fair!" Rachel wiped away some of her tears, but her mascara was running all over her face. "I can't even talk to you anymore!" Rachel ran off.

"Rachel!!" Megan called after her, before chasing her.

"Hm," Winter said as she closed her locker and headed off to English.

***

"Good morning class!" Mr. Boring boomed as he came into the classroom five minutes after the bell rang. He was a pudgy man in his mid-forties with a comb-over already. "Winter, can you pass these papers out because I'm too lazy to do it myself?"

Winter sighed as she got up from her seat. She was seated next to Rachel, who wouldn't talk to her and Megan looked away sadly every time she made eye contact with her.

Winter grabbed the stack of paper and started handing them out the class. In the back corner, she saw the Hot 'Mysterious' Guy who she saw in the cafeteria yesterday. He was eating chocolate pudding out of a tub. She hadn't remembered seeing him in any of her classes, but then again, she felt like everything went straight to lunch and then home. This place was weird.

There also was a girl, dressed in a cheerleader uniform, who was glaring at her for no apparent reason. Winter looked at her weirdly for a moment, but finished passing out the papers and handed them to the teacher.

"Now, students," Mr. Boring said as he addressed the class. "This is a group project and I will be assigning partners, no complaining, and no switching groups. I don't care if your boyfriend is in another group or if Tasha gossiped about you last week, these are your groups..."

"I don't gossip about anyone, Mr. Boring. Don't start something you can't finish." Tasha rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

Mr. Boring began to speak again to reprimand Tasha's behavior. Winter attempted to listen, but she zoned out. She now understood why his name was Mr. Boring, He spoke in a monotone voice that either lured people to sleep or made kids reach for their phone and text. Winter did neither and doodled in her notebook.

A few minutes later, two people dragged chairs over to her desk. "Um, hi?" Winter recognized them as Ryder Cole and the Hot 'Mysterious' Guy.

"So, what do you want to do for our project?" The Mysterious Hot Guy asked as Ryder Cole put on a nearby chair and sighed. He scooped some chocolate pudding into his mouth after he finished talking.

"Did you get that from Costco?" Winter asked. The Mysterious Hot Guy nodded as he swallowed his pudding and Winter laughed.

"Hey, guys!" A new voice called out in a friendly voice. It was the girl in the cheerleader uniform.