Prolouge

Joel sat in the hospital room, smiling down at the tiny newborn in his arms. Rachel Moriah. If she'd been a boy, his name would've been David Joel. Of course, he was just glad to be holding his healthy little one. Moriah slept soundly in the bed across the room. He smiled at her. She had been exhausted after the nearly twelve-hour labor. But, as she said it when she first held Rachel, it would be worth it.

"Don't worry, beautiful girl." He whispered to the sleeping infant.
"I won't let anyone hurt you. No one is going to harm you so long as I'm alive. I will always be here for you, sweet girl. Your mother and I will always love you, no matter what. We loved you even before we knew your name or that we would have you. I will always love you, until the end of my days." He kissed her forehead, and he heard his wife's voice.
"I heard that. It was beautiful." He looked up, smiling at her.
"And I meant every word." He said, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge.
"I don't doubt it. She's so perfect. What did we ever do to deserve her?" Moriah asked, awe filling her voice. He chuckled.
"I don't think we did anything. God blessed us with her." He handed her to Moriah, kissing her as she took the now awake baby. Three days later, they went home, and thirteen months later, Lucy Joy was born to Moriah's sister and brother-in-law. Sadly, they passed away in a car accident, and Luke and Courtney adopted Lucy. Now, fifteen years later, Rachel sings with her dad and uncle Luke in For King and Country. Then, the day after her sixteen birthday, everything changed.

Author's note- Hello! Just testing the waters here. So, Lucy is heavenknowsyoumatter, and Rachel's best friend, Leah, is jilnysoto. I'm finishing up one story, and then I will update this regularly. Thanks for reading!