Chapter Two- Sweet Sixteen

T-minus one day
Rachel woke up the next morning, and she smelled something delicious. Pancakes. She tossed her covers back, yanked on her 'Priceless' tank top and jean shorts, and hurried down the stairs. Her dad stood at the stove, whistling Fix My Eyes as he flipped pancakes and fried bacon. He grinned at her, still whistling.

"Good morning, love. Happy birthday." He was wearing the sunglasses mom had given him a couple years ago for Christmas. They were made by EnChroma, who made a special type of glass that made people who were colourblind able to see some colour. He wore them at random times, just because he wanted us to.

"Hey, dad. Mom up yet?" He shook his head, putting another pancake on the platter.
"Not quite yet. She did, however, set an alarm for nine forty-five, so she'll be up soon. And yes, these are chocolate chip pancakes." She pumped her fist, snatching one off the platter and biting into it.
"Hey! You were supposed to wait!" He teased, tearing a piece off and eating it himself.
"You know I don't like to wait, especially with chocolate chip pancakes!" They both laughed, and her mom came down, smiling sleepily. Rachel turned on the radio, and her favorite song that she'd done with her dad and uncle, By Our Love, came on. She turned it up a bit, and started singing along with it as she helped set the table and get drinks. Then, the doorbell rang, and there stood one of her best friends, Jen Ledger.

"Jen!" She squealed, hugging her. She came in, and her dad added another plate and cup to the table. Then, Fire and Fury started, and Jen also sang along to that. Finally, after that and three other favorite songs, the radio got turned off and everyone sat down to the pancakes. Later in the day, Moriah, Jen, Courtney, Rachel, Leah, and Lucy went to visit Libby, who wasn't doing to great, and she was glad to have the company. She gave Rachel three new books- the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Rachel kept borrowing them from her, so she just gave her a set. After that, she had her party with her family and friends, and still didn't see the two men watching and taking pictures of them. As she went to sleep, she had no idea what they were about to so the next day. The only thought in her head was that today had been a perfect birthday.

Author's note- Sorry this is so short! I had no idea how to do this, so the next chapter will be long. Love you guys! - Craver_Priceless