Chapter Eleven- Sneaking and Snooping

Luke's POV
When I woke up, I felt actually warm. I slowly sat up, noticing someone snuggled up beside me. I let out a yell, scooting away, and then she, Moriah, and Rachel screamed. Then, I actually noticed who it was.

"Courtney!!" I sighed, pulling her close and hugging her. Rachel and Moriah calmed down too, and sighed.
"I missed you." I whispered, as we just sat there.
"I missed you too. Joel-" I cut her off, kissing her forehead.
"I know. They turned the tv up loud enough for Rachel to hear, and she told us." She nodded, crying.
"Lucy made it home. She remembers us now. It's been almost a week." I breathed a sigh of relief, and we just sat there. We just sat there, as close as possible, glad to be together again. I could see tears trickling down Moriah's cheeks, and I noticed that she avoided looking at us. Rachel came over, and Courtney hugged her, so I scooted over beside Moriah.

"Hey. Something's wrong. What is it?" She wiped away more tears, and then she spoke.
"My husband is dead, and my daughter and I never even got to say goodbye to him. I'm....I'm a widow, and she has no father. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's hard to see my brother-in-law with his wife, and know that I will never be able to have that with him again. At least not in this life." I hugged her, and she started crying even harder.
"Moriah, I know it's hard. I had to hear that my older brother, the one who would get into a fistfight to defend any of his siblings when we were kids, is dead. He died because he was beaten up trying to defend his wife. He made the vow 'Til death do us part.' He knew what could happen when he tried to fight back. And I'll betcha this. He. Didn't. Care. That is how much he loves you. He was willing to die just to make sure you were safe. I know it's not much comfort, but he's not hurting. He's not sick. He's safe." She sat up, wiping her eyes.
"Thanks Luke. It kind of does. Now, what do you say we figure a way out of here? I kinda think that these thugs deserve a poke in the nose. What do you say?" He grinned at me, standing and helping me up. We went back over to Rachel and Courtney, and we sat down beside them.

"You're trying to get out of here, aren't you?" We nodded, and then, the door swung open. The usual bag of food was dropped in, and then the door slammed shut. Luke sighed, going over to get it. We talked for the next while, trying to come up with a plan that would get us all out of here in one piece. Courtney kept fiddling with her necklace, and I looked at it.

"Love, where'd you get that?" She looked at it, and then at me.
"Someone sent it in the mail, along with a sympathy card. The boys.....oh no.....They're with your parents. Lucy wasn't there. She left to go see Libby, so they don't know." Moriah bit her lip.
"I think they'll know something isn't quite right. And that looks kind of like the one I got for my birthday from....from Joel." She shrugged.
"I'll show it to you when we get back, but there was no name or signature anywhere on it. Sorry, guess that's not that helpful." Moriah waved her hand, shaking her head.
"It's okay. It was just a wishful theory. Top of the bill right now- escape." We tossed a few more ideas around, and finally got one we liked. We'd make a whole lot of noise, get them to come in here, and then give them a poke in the nose and get out. It wasn't the best plan ever, but it's what we had. I mean, three ladies and myself, all not great condition, we weren't much of a rescue team. And I wasn't feeling so good again. I could pretty much feel my shirt getting looser. I wasn't on the necessary medication, and definitely not eating the way I needed to. It was coming back. And for that reason, and others, it would have to do. Finally, we were able to see a ray of hope in this dark hole.

Author's note- Hello! And you guys were about to kick me off Wattpad if you didn't get a more hopeful chapter. Well, does this do? Someone *cough* forKINGANDCOUNTRY1 *cough* started calling these two guys a mini isis. And I will tell you all this. The reason the first guy is so.....how about we say vengeful, against the Smallbones is the fact that he held a grudge. And he may or may not have taken his anger to the next level. And has a wee bit of some kind of mental illness. Bye now! Love ya guys! -Craver_Priceless