Chapter Nineteen- Epilouge

Joel's POV
It had been four years since the twins had been born, and right now, I was once again headed for the hospital. Rachel and Jacob had gotten married a year and a half ago, and there was a baby on the way. I pulled up, heading inside. Moriah was already there, and the twins were with Luke and Courtney.

      "Anthing?" She nodded.
      "Blaire Elisabeth, six pounds, five ounces. Sixteen inches, born at 6:48." I smiled, kissing Moriah.
      "Are we allowed to go see her yet?" She nodded, leading the way.
      "You know, Moriah, I just realized something. We're grandparents now." She nodded, chuckling.
       "I guess we are. I don't feel that old though." She knocked on a door, and I heard a faint 'Come in'. She opened the door, and I saw Rachel sitting up, holding a little squirming pink bundle. Jacob was on the other side of the room, talking on the phone to his dad, but he waved at us.

      "She just woke up a couple minutes ago. You got lucky." I went over, smiling at the sight of the tiny girl. She had not quite caramel colored skin, with brown hair. She opened her eyes, and they were beautiful blue. I had worn my sunglasses, so I could actually see what she looked like. Rachel handed her to me, and I gently brushed her cheek with my finger, which she grabbed. I chuckled.

       "I think someone has a bit of a strong grip. She's beautiful." Rachel smiled, and Jacob gently rubbed her shoulder.
        "I think Blaire looks like her mother. She's got your eyes though, Jacob." Moriah said, stealing the baby from me. There was another knock on the door, and Jacob let his dad in. His mom nearly cried when she saw the sweet little girl, but managed not to. We stayed for about another hour, talking and giving that sweet baby all the attention in the world. We headed home, and I showed Crystal, and David the pictures I got of their new niece. Luke and Courtney were planning on going to visit tomorrow, and we agreed that we'd help Jacob and Rachel get themselves and Blaire settled when they got home. I stepped inside our house, smiling at all the memories. Bringing Rachel and the twins home. Each birthday, Christmas, and anniversary. All of the abductions. Lucy's death and my parents deaths. Returning home from tours. Speaking of which, we had a new one in three weeks. It was going to be us, Moriah, Sidewalk Prophets, FF5, and We Are Messengers. Tony Nolan would be traveling with us and speaking on the tour, sharing his testimony.

          He had traveled with us for Winter Jam, and his story made me break down every time I heard it. He was born to a mentally insane homeless prostitute, and abandoned at birth. He suffered unimaginable abuse in multiple forms, and was adopted at three by a family for $200. As he got older, his adoptive father asked why he'd ever bought him. And as a teenager, one night, he literally tried to drink himself to death. And then someone took him to church the night after that suicide attempt, telling him about the love of God. It broke my heart to hear that story, but how God redeemed him was amazing to hear. I looked at the pictures on the mantle, smiling. God takes care of all his children. He always has, and he always will.

Author's note- Hello! Ok, even if you've heard him speak before at Winter Jam, you must watch these videos. He's an amazing speaker, and yes, he has been through all that. Definitely a must-watch! Thx for reading!! :) -Craver_Priceless