Chapter Eighteen- Growing Family

Joel's POV
I waited, dialing Rachel's cell number. It had been eleven hours, but Crystal and David were alright. Moriah was exhausted again, but was happy. It was a miracle that we had them. God truly had blessed us.

"No, I don't need you to lower my credit card interest. Don't have one." A sleepy voice answered. I chuckled.
"Well, hello to you too, Rachel. You awake there?" Quiet laughter.
"Hey. What time is it? Are they here?" I looked at my watch. Yikes.
"Umm....4:45 in the morning. And yes, Crystal and David are here. 3:58, and 4:10. David came about ten minutes sooner, at eight pounds, four ounces. Crystal was seven pounds, nine ounces." I heard quiet squealing on the other end, and I chuckled. When something exciting happened, even at 4 am, she had so much energy.

"Yay! Am I allowed to come and meet them yet?" I chuckled again.
"Are you going to be alright driving this early? It's almost five in the morning."
"I'll make myself some coffee before I leave.....and maybe bring a bit with me. I'll be alright." I smiled. She was determined to make it.
"Okay. Just don't do anything that could put you in any danger. I don't want to have to leave your mom because you're in another room here." She laughed a bit.
"Alright. See you in a little while. Love you." I smiled again.
"See you in a bit. Love you too." I hung up, heading back in. Moriah was sitting up, yawning and feeding Crystal. David slept in his bassinet, and she smiled up at me.

"Hey. Rachel's coming, isn't she?" I smiled, sitting down beside her.
"Yeah. I'll let Luke and the others sleep a little bit longer. I think they deserve it. I'm surprised Rachel slept, anyway. With as much energy as she's had lately, it's shocking." She chuckled, and Crystal looked up at me, her dark eyes watching me intently. About a half-hour and three coffees later, Rachel knocked. She came in, yawning and smiling at the same time. David watched her, and she started talking softly to him. Crystal now slept in her bassinet, and Moriah watched Rachel and David, pride and love shining in her eyes.

"When the day comes, Rachel is going to be a wonderful mother." Joel groaned.
"Oh, no. Don't you go reminding me about that. She's still got time, and I like it that way. If it were my choice, she'd stay a little girl forever." She laughed quietly, looking at him.
"I know. You've told me a million times. Guess it's a good thing it's not your choice then, huh?" He gave her a mock angry look.
"Now, see here young lady-" I started laughing, and then Rachel's phone rang. She handed David to Joel, and answered.

"Hello? Oh, hey Uncle Luke. Yeah. No, I'm at the hospital right now. Yeah, they're all three fine. About an hour ago. Well, dad wanted you guys to get a little bit more sleep. He was going to call in a couple hours. No. Alright. Yeah. See you in a bit. Bye." She hung up.
"Luke isn't too happy with the fact that you waited. He said they're going to drop Jude and Phoenix off at Mimi and Poppa's and then come over here." Sure enough, about a half-hour later, he and Courtney came in. I could tell Luke was proud and amazed at the exact same time. Three days later, we got to head home. Rachel had made grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, and we sat down to watch America's Got Talent. There was an act that became the favorite for all of us that night. Drew Lynch, a comedian. His act was simply amazing.

I loved the fact that he didn't let a softball to the throat tear him down completely. The whole crowd supported him, and Howie gave him the golden buzzer. By the time the episode was over, Rachel and Moriah were both asleep on either side of me. I smiled, and closed my eyes. I wasn't sure how things could get better, other than having Lucy back. As I dozed off, I couldn't stop smiling. God truly had blessed us.

Author's note- Hi!! Just quick note, please watch one or both of these videos! One of the three best comedians I've ever heard. Love you guys!!