Sneak Peek- Oh So Priceless

Blaire skidded down the hall, opening and closing doors. No matter where she looked, she couldn't find any of her family. Her parents, her sister, her brother, she couldn't find them. Those notes just wouldn't stop coming, threatening them and so many other things. She saw both cars out front, and still saw their keys on the hook by the door. She collapsed by the front door, tears leaking down her cheeks. She scrambled for the phone, dialing her grandparents number. It rang three times, and then her grandmother answered.

"Hello?" She took a deep breath.
"Mimi? It's Blaire. They're gone! Mom, dad, Gracia, Lucy and Lucas. They're all gone!"
"Blaire, just stay there. Make sure all the doors are locked, and we'll be there in just a few minutes. Don't let anyone but us in. Got it?"
"Got it, Mimi. Please hurry. I'm scared." She sat on the sofa, crying.
"We'll be there very soon. It'll be alright. I know you can be brave. Just remember this- When I am afraid, I will trust in you. We're on our way. " She hung up, and Blaire hugged a pillow, turning on the CD player. One of her granddad's songs, Dance Like Nobody's Watching, started. But that didn't help calm her down. What was she going to do now? She couldn't just stay here alone. Did her parents disappearance have anything to do with the notes? And where were her siblings? This was just too much for her to handle. And why had Travis been so distant lately? There was something suspicious going on- she just didn't know what was happening. Meanwhile, Blaire's grandmother, Moriah, grabbed her keys and her husband, Joel. What was going on was bringing back some very difficult and painful memories from twenty years ago. Would they ever be completely out of the woods? Joel could tell she was scared, and he was praying quietly in the passenger seat.

"Joel? You don't think this is the past coming back to haunt us, do you?" He placed a hand on her leg, gently rubbing.

"I know this isn't helpful, but I'm not sure. If it is, God will take care of us again. But yes, it is scary to think that it would be happening again." They stopped at a red light, and Joel took her hand.
"It's going to turn out alright. No matter what happens again, it'll turn out alright." She smiled as she started driving again. She knew God would take care of them, but she didn't know how hard it would be to make it out this time. All they could do now was hope and pray that the past wasn't coming back to haunt them.

Author's note- Hello! I'm so stinking sorry this is so late, but I've been busy. And happy birthday to our dearly beloved Joel Smallbone! And congratulations to For King and Country for winning two K-Love fan awards!! They should've won all four in my opinion, but oh well. That a good birthday present, Joel? Love you guys! 😘