Chapter Four- Afraid

Rachel's POV
I woke up in a smallish room, and I saw Lucy on the floor beside me. Everything came flooding back to me. Opening the door to take out the trash and seeing the two men. The cloth being shoved in my face. Lucy screaming and trying to run. Then, everything went black, and I woke up in here. I took a couple breaths, and I lay back down, my head spinning. I heard Lucy sitting up, and she let out a quiet cry of shock. Then, we heard yelling outside, and I slid over to the door, eavesdropping.

"What do you mean, you're going?!" I heard growling, and Lucy came over as well.
"I didn't think it was gonna be like that! Look, I'll help one more time, but then you're on your own, got it?!" We heard sighing.
"Fine. But we gotta take someone out. Someone...." Papers rustled, and then there was a quiet thump.
"Her. We'll take her, and take him out." Silence.
"You mean...kill him?" A snort.
"Naw. Just put him out of commission. And we do it in two days, alright? Then you can drop out. I can handle the other one." We slid back away from the door, and Lucy hugged her knees, and I shivered.

"Who do you think they were talking about? Take her and put him out of commission? I hope it's not my parents." Lucy whispered, rocking back and forth.
"I'm not sure. Guess we'll probably find out." She nodded.
"Rach? I'm scared. I don't wanna stay here. I wanna go home." I scooted over, hugging her.
"I know. But we have to be brave." I thought for a moment, and then started singing quietly.

No one ever told me this would be easy
But I never knew that it could be this hard.
Oh the worry, the worry, the worry
Is weighing on me
Could you help me break down
All these question marks, and make me

Brave
I'll fight like a soldier
Rise like a warrior
Won't stop til the final day
Brave
I wanna be stronger
Gonna be bolder
Look up and I see the way
You make me Brave

I know, I know I'm no superwoman
But impossible is possible with you
So no no no more running
No more hiding
Strike the fire
So I'll be fearless too
And make me

Brave
I'll fight like a soldier
Rise like a warrior
Won't stop til the final day
Whoa, Brave
I wanna be stronger
Gonna be bolder
Look up and I see the way
You make me Brave

None go with me
Still I'll follow
Through the joy and
Through the sorrow
Cross before me
World behind me
There's no turning back

Brave
Brave
Brave
Whoa oh oh

Brave
I'll fight like a soldier
Rise like a warrior
Won't stop til the final day
Brave
I wanna be stronger
Gonna be bolder
Look up and I see the way
You make me Brave

Leah hugged me, and then a tall man came in the room. He wore a black ski mask, and carried a brown paper bag, which he tossed at us.

"Food. There's also drinks in there as well. Don't worry. You'll get some company soon." I stood.
"Who?" He smirked.
"Not your daddy. He's going down and out. No more of him." He slammed the door, and I pounded on it.
"No! Please, no! Don't! Leave him alone! Please!" I crumpled to the ground, sobbing.
"Please."

Author's note- Hey. Another short, bad chapter. Sorry! I promise, next one will be longer. Hope you guys are enjoying this! Love you! -Craver_Priceless

Hope Is What We Crave   (#Wattys2016)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara