Chapter 1

Harper Stilinski's point of view

"Are you sure you're going to be okay with your uncle ?"

"Well, I'm not that sure I'm gonna be okay there," I trailed off when I saw mom's face. "But, I will be in good hands." I added quickly. "I mean, he's the sheriff. I should be safe, right ?" I joked but stopped laughing when mom glared at me. She huffed and then engulfed me in a hug.

"I really wish I could bring you along, hon. But my boss-" I cut her off.

"Mom, it's okay, I'll be fine. I promise. Now please drive me to the airport before I miss my flight." I rolled my eyes at my mother's poor attempt at stalling. She smiled sadly and picked up the car keys from the kitchen counter. I placed my backpack on my shoulders and dragged my medium-sized luggage to the door. I walked outside and made my way towards the car. We got inside and soon we were on our way to the airport.

With one hand on the wheel, my mom took my hand and hers. I smiled faintly.

"Out of all our cousins, why Stiles ?" I laughed.

"They were the first ones to say yes." Mom responded. I nodded. The rest of the car ride was silent, a few comments here and there and the soft humming to the radio.

She stops finally right in front of the entrance, looking at me.

"Are you ready ?" She asked me.

"Well, I don't really have a choice if I'm not, do I ?" I snorted. I reached over the stick shift and kissed my mom on the cheek and hugged her tightly.

"I love you mom. See you in 2 and a half years." I silently cried onto her shoulder. She kissed my forehead before detaching herself from me. "You'll miss your flight, go. I love you too." I nodded sadly and got out of the car. Taking my backpack with my luggage in tow, I went inside the airport.

❀ ❀ ❀

"Yeah, mom, I just landed." I spoke. "Yes I'm trying to find my spastic cousin," I furrowed my eyebrows. Where the hell is Stiles ?! "Mom are you sure he's here I really can't–" i caught sight of someone who looked awfully familiar.

And unfortunately, possessed.

"I found him. Love you, bye." I ended the call and quickly placed my phone in my pocket and made my way to my cousin to was in his phone as well.

I got nearer to him, realizing he was talking to someone. "Yeah, I'll be there I just have to-" I cut him off.

"Stiles ?"

And his phone went flying out of his hand.

After a few seconds of him frantically trying to catch his phone successfully, he managed to say a quick bye to the caller and smile widely at me.

"Haz !!" He gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Yes, hi it is me. I would really like it if you let me breathe, Stiles." I wheezed out. He chuckled but let me go. After arguing for awhile and realizing that we were in the middle of an airport, I let Stiles drag my luggage to his car.

Well, jeep. Apparently, it's name is Roscoe. He's very protective of it. He treats it like his own child. I slammed my hand on the hood and he flicked my arm.

Honestly if I didn't treat my car that way, I would be flying all the way back to Phoenix.

We got in and he started driving.

"So, Harper, how are you ?" I cringed at the sound of my full name. Stiles smirked. "I told you not to call me that, you little butt. If you actually are interested, I'm doing great." I glared at my cousin. He smiled cheekily before his phone dinged. "What a surprise ! Stiles actually has friends." I cheered. Stiles rolled his eyes before reaching to his phone, but I swatted his hand away.