Chapter 2

Eric Hutton's point of view

I don't think it was the fact that Prometheus wanted me to do something that was bothering me. The fact of why he wanted the girl was bothering me way more. What was so special about her that the Titan send me to get her and not his monster friends?

All I knew was that she was in Beacon Hills right now because her mother had to go to the UK for something. And there isn't anything on her father. Her mom never married anyone.

Prometheus told me something about reaching out to these twins if I needed any help. I really don't know why I'd be needing help.

The sun is falling on my face as I walk through the park. I was given a budget of a a couple thousand dollars. And with I took the liberty of upgrading my wardrobe a bit. Okay, maybe a lot but we all need an expensive leather jacket in our lives, don't we?

I was wasting time until it was time for me to head to the airport to board my flight to Beacon Hills. Yes, I was flying first class. When you see an opportunity to go for a bratty lifestyle, no matter how much you hate brats, here is my advice : TAKE IT.

🔱🔱🔱

Beacon Hills is practically just like any typical Californian town. I wasn't in the mood to go sight seeing after all i have two months on my hands to check the whole place out.

Prometheus managed getting me an apartment which was pretty sick. It's more of a penthouse and I was definitely feeling like i was some sort of teenage millionaire.

It was after I freshened up and made myself a classic dinner of ordering pizza and sitting in front of the huge flat screen TV in the living room did I start thinking about Harper again.

Clearly there was something special about her which was why Prometheus wanted her. Was she a demigod too? Probably. What if she was his daughter? That would explain why he wanted her. But she didn't seem to look like his daughter. She definitely looked like a demigod. I groaned. Why did I even agree to this in the first place? Because I was promised freedom.

🔱🔱🔱

I packed my bag with all the necessary supplies that I could think of. I was running away from Camp. I wasn't going to sit here and let something be assigned to me by my father until he deemed it worthy. I needed to do something rather than just sit here and feel useless. Percy and his gang get all the jobs of defending people and stuff that I wanted to do. I wanted to feel WANTED. But all I got to do was chores. How very helpful.

Chiron wasn't going to give me a quest and neither was my father. Especially not after what happened after the first and the last encounter I had with him.

It was past midnight. Those annoying chicken birds would be about waiting to devour anything that moved. I was just going to have to be careful. I tiptoed past all my sleeping siblings and opened the door of my cabin. The smell of the sea hit me in the face as soon as I did. One of the very few things I'd probably miss.

I zipped my jacket up. My sword was in my pocket in the form of an inhaler. A gift from my dad. Sure I hated him but that didn't mean I wasn't going to keep the sword. Plus that sword was the only one that was perfect for me.

I made my way towards the tree on the top of the hill. Either it was my luck or the chicken ladies weren't even on duty today. Thalia's tree. I knew the stories. I have nothing against Percy Jackson, he's a nice guy and was nice to me and stuff but at the same time I wish I was allowed on the quests and duties he went on.

"Eric?" came a voice bringing me to my senses. I knew that voice. Percy Jackson.

"Hey Percy! 'sup?" I waved at him trying to act as innocent as I could all the while trying to hide my bag from him.