Chapter one - High School

I was home, in my bed and it hit me, I was dreaming of our secret place. Not a surprise. That place always drifts into my mind. It's the best place I could escape too even in my dreams.

"Suriiiii, wake uppp . . ." I heard my sister sing from the bathroom.

"What! Why? I'm tired." I moaned hiding deeper under my pillows. "Don't you know it's rude to wake people up when they are sleeping Maleen." I hissed.

"Oh come on, wake up! You know very well you start high school today." I could hear the ecstatic in her voice. She was thrilled I was starting high school. We would finally be in the same school. But for me on the other hand, I'm not too excited.

"I don't want to go." I croaked. Just the thought of going absolutely frightened me. Maybe I ask dad to be homed schooled.

"What? You can not serious? Why not?" 

"Well because you're a senior and I am a freshman," I pouted.

"Suri please that is a lame excuse." She ripped the blanket off. "Get up!" She ordered.

I sighed grumbling to myself. I felt like I was dragging thirty pounds of extra weight that was strapped around my waist. I felt a sore discomfort building on my face. I'm defiantly not a morning sprout.

"Oh, would you lighten up! It will be a blast. I know my freshman year was totally awesome SuriPie."

"Uh huh!" I mumbled splashing cold water on my face.

Maleen's high heels clicked on the bathroom floor and I glanced at her through the mirror, appraising her outfit and smiled.

"What do you think?" She wondered modeling her outfit for me.

I finished brushing my teeth and dried my mouth. This time I looked at her through my eyes. The new style: skinny jeans, dressy shirt and ballet flats, or heels. Though since my sister was way more shorter than me, she preferred high heels. Not me. High heels and I were worst enemies.

"Hmm, who are you trying to impress?"

She laughed nervously walking into the closet. "No one in particular." I heard her say. 

Maleen has a boy interest. I was baffled. I followed behind her and came to an automatic halt. "Whoa!" I said with my hands up.

"What? You don't like it." She said with her hands on her hips.

"I don't wear heels." I gawked at the outfit she had chosen for me. I did remember giving her permission to choose my outfit for my first day, but I think I'll revoke her permission. Not that the outfit was ugly. Maleen knows how I feel about heels.

"Ughh . . ." She muttered. "I don't understand you." She fumed, just shaking her head. "I had a back up plan just in case you did say that."

I rolled my eyes and stripped from clothes, dressing in the black mini skirt, and sky blue V neck blouse Maleen choose for me. She handed me the same version of the high heels but in sandals, the straps passing at least two and half inches above my ankles.

"Ooo, those are nice." I was immediately strapping my feet in. My freshly painted toe nails were shining perfectly with my sandals.

"I knew you'd like them." She stuck her tongue out at me and sat me in front of the mirror.

"Sooo . . . Mayflower, who is the boy?"

I watched her through the mirror, as she half smiled, quietly combing my hair from its knots. I waited patiently as she parted my hair and began to flat iron it. For awhile she said nothing. Through out her high school years, my sister has never mentioned a boyfriend to me. Yeah there were many guys she said she had a major crushes on her, but she never gave them any attention. It was merely a crush.