Chapter eighteen ~ Race Me

-Greg

I stood quietly by the window where Suri and I had just been standing together. We were in an embrace that was becoming in sync with my body and I loved every feeling of it. The feel of her body close to mine, it seemed perfect. Everything about her seemed right and I didn't want to let go. Her heart beating with mine, I had to protect her. I couldn't let her be harmed. I won't let anyone. It made my heart sing when I saw her eyes become alive with joy. She knows her sister is alive. She can feel it and the way she held me close watching the sunrise. Her heart knew Maleen was beating for her.

I wasn't sure what to think when told me her sister's "boyfriend" was here. It even surprised me when she referred him that way. And Just the fact that he showed up without invitation and unannounced sort of bothered me. Not that I didn't believe in the trust Suri said she has with him. But since she assured me not worry, it made me feel more comfortable that other people including David would be staying the night.

It would prove that I am not taking advantage of Suri. I would never.

My mouth curled up when I caught sight of Suri bouncing down stairs with a natural smile perched on her lips. She appeared as a whole new person and I liked that. She wore a thick black North face jacket, jeans that hugged her legs to perfection and her hair was in a side braid . I grinned when her cheeks instantly flushed bright red as she caught me staring at her. I couldn't help me self. She was extremely beautiful. It didn't matter if she wore clothes or just a bra and panties; Surilyn Miller was a goddess.

My goddess!

I walked over to her with a small smile still spread across my face. "Chef Martin," she greeted in a playful tone.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "Miss Miller," I greeted back, flashing my teeth in a warm beam.

"Would you like to help me?"

"Of course," I agreed with knowing. She nodded and towed me to the kitchen.

"I'll warm up your winning dish and you can get the plates from the top cabinets." She told me, pointing to a cabinet high above her. It was easy for me to reach but not so much for her. I wonder how she even gets things from these high cabinets considering her height. She is like five one or maybe even shorter.

"Do they even want to eat an evening dinner at this time? It like seven am" I said, reaching for the plates. "We can make breakfast instead." I suggested.

"There men, they'd eat rats seasoned like turkey at five in the morning." She half laughed.

"I see," I murmured, stacking the plates next to the stove. "How many are there anyways?" I wondered.

"There are eight of us including my self." A deep voice spoke behind us. Suri and I both turned to find David leaning against a wall and with his hands crossed. Soon his team began to sit at the dinning room table.

I study each of them. They seemed foreign, not from around here. One of them caught my attention. He was extremely built and seemed very tough with tattoo covering both of his arms. He had dark skin and a thick mane of soft curls. I watched as he was speaking Brazilian with a blond dude that looked just as built as him and covered in tattoos. The rest of them seemed to have this tan on there skin, mess of hair, muscular bodies and most where covered with tattoos.

"Where's my little meatball?" a male voice spoke, coming into the kitchen. Suri froze and turned to look at the tall man who just walked in. He looked like David only his hair was darker then his. I just leaned against the counter watching them.

"Tony," Suri cried in pure happibest

"Wow, it sure has been to long. You've grown." He said circling her like his pray. I arched an eyebrow. I didn't like this Tony person. Not one bit.