Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part 2)

As soon as we shopped for everything we needed and got distracted by other things in the store; we finally headed to the check out line. I waited as Suri placed the food on the belt so the cashier can scan it. I smiled when she waved the tomatoes at me. I had a feeling she wasn't going let that disagreement go. I was always told tomatoes were fruits. We did hear that tomatoes were vegetable?

"Vegetable . . ." her voiced trailed off as she placed it on the black moving belt.

"Yeah, yeah." I said giving her an amused smile. She laughed and continued on.

"You know I am right, Greg."

I pulled my wallet out and walked around Suri to pay. "You're wrong." I said and pulled on my debit card.

"What are you doing." She questioned bumping me to the side.

I barely stumbled and said, "What does it look like I am doing, silly."

"I am paying."

"No!"

"Yes," she insisted.

"Do you want to pay half and half?" The cashier suggested. We both looked at her. She wore a lifeless expression, bored with us.

"No," I immediately shot down. I pretended something caught my attention, trying to fool Suri. "Suri . . . Look at that." I said with fake shocked expression. I grinned when she absolutely fell for it. I slid my card before she could even object.

"I don't see anything . . . Oh you son of a gun." She said as she saw me punch in my pin. She gave me a soft punch on my arm and I pretended it hurt. "Fine," she walked passed me and slipped my car keys out of my pocket. "I'll meet you in the car babe." She patted my back, dramatically flipping her hair over her shoulder and left.

"Cute," I mumbled to myself. I turned my attention back to the cashier. She had a small smile on and she waited for the transaction to go through.

"What are you guys newly weds or something?" A boy asked as he bagged our items.

"No, why?" I wondered as I reached for the receipt and nodded to the cashier.

"Well, you both seem to fight like a married couple." The boy joked.

"Ha! We're still in high school man. Maybe in five years."

"Oh," he muttered. He placed the last bag in the cart and said. "Good luck man."

"Thanks dude."

It was funny to think that Suri and I were being compared to a married couple. Not that it bothered me. I would love to be married to very special talented girl like Surilyn. She was everything for a boy like me could ask for. She's extremely beautiful. A type of beauty that could catch your attention if you weren't actually looking. A personality that shines so bright and a heart that had room for anyone.

Then the woman for early came to my mind. Her words repeating them self in my head. I head to keep my guard up for anything or anyone, including myself from hurting Suri. I couldn't bare if she had to sit hurt once again. She has been broken for to long. It's time for her heart to have a break. <3 DL

I walked out into the parking lot. Night had already crept in and the air seemed more chiller then the afternoon. The parking lot lights were illuminating brightly and I spotted my car instantly. I walked over pulling the cart behind me. Suri popped the trunk open and came out to help.

"Oh how sweet of you." I teased.

"Shush," she said handing me the bags. "How much was it?"