Chapter 26 - A single Kiss

It was only ten minutes left before the dance started. Greg and I were pulling up into the school parking lot. I surpressed the urge to hide away. Everyone stopped to look at us like they couldn't believe what they were seeing. And even though I wanted to hide away, this was the best thing that has happened since May told me I would be an aunty.

"This is totally awesome Greg. Thank you so much." I said excitedly. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer and kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome. I know you like old things and I felt this was approperite." He told me.

"I agree, totally for the occasion." I grinned.

I searched the long line of people who were waiting for the door to open. Audrey said she'd meet me here. I wonder what she was going to think. I told her Greg had a surprise for me. I caught Rachel waving excitedly as the carriage passed. I returned the wave. She stood with Nick and the whole gang. Nate and Jerry were whisling like the idiots they were. My cheeks began to flush a bright red as they turn the attention to me. What the heck. Then I cuaght Derek's blank expression. He was about the cross the parking lot when the carriage stopped in front of the school .

Pete the driver, hopped down for the driver seat and held the door open for us. Greg was the first to step out, holding out his hand for me. I reach for it careflly stepping to the ground.

"Thank you so much." I told Pete.

"My pleasure miss Miller." He said politely.

"Please, call me Suri."

"Well Suri, I can't give you guys a ride home. It will be to cold. Your father arranged for a car to pick you up. It will be here around ten" Pete said climbing back up into the driver's seat.

"Aw," I frowned bummed out. "I really enjoyed the ride."

"Don't feel sad sweetheart." He smiled admiringly. "Greg can bring you up to my farm and you guys can use it anytime." He assurd me with a warm smile.

"Really?"

"Certainly," Pete said lifting his hat and nodding.

"What's this?" Principle Henry said behind us.

I turned to give him shy smirk. "Cinderella in life, minus the blond hair." I joked. He cracked a smile, shaking his head and opend the doors so everyone could enter.

"Thank you Pete." Gregory told Pete. He pulled out an envelope and handed it to Pete.

"No son, keep that."

"But," Greg said.

Pete just shook his head, signaling for the horse to go and the carriage began to move. "Enjoy your night," He waved goodbye, as the carriage disappeared into the cold night.

Greg sighed, ripping the envelope and putting the shreds into his pocket. We walked down to the line where our friends waited for us. The way people eyed us, it made me feel uncomfortable.

"That's what you were hiding?" Rachel asked Greg. "And this dress, where did you get it?" She asked, circling around me.

"A little French botique in the uptowns."

"Uptown is for rich people." Jerry said tapping Greg's hat. "You guys look expensive and pure royalty." He added.

"Suri," Audrey's voice called from behind.

I turned to see her and Zeyanna in the dresses mom had bought them. Audrey came to give me a hug.

"You like stunning, honestly." Audrey said.

"Thank you and so do you guys." I said.

"Thanks to your mom." Zeyanna said.

"Hm," Rachel said.