Chapter nine ~ Perfectly Destroyed

* * * DEREK'S PERSPECTIVE * * *

I watched as the SWAT team and paramedic swept on scene, scattering around armed and ready for any on coming attack. Mr. Miller wasn't joking when he said no would touch his daughter. He didn't waste time calling for his back up. Now the how entire school was in lock down and surrounded by law enforcement.

Suri lay on the floor barely breathing. I held on to her, my eyes burning as I shed every tear my body could produce. Stronger Paramedics forcefully pulled us apart because I didn't want to let her go. Within seconds her face was covered with an oxygen mask, taking her away. I couldn't restrain my self for weeping my eyes out. How can so much tribulation happen in a matter of two hours? I woke up this morning feeling like the happiest boy alive and now I feel like I am the size of a big, waiting to be stepped on.

Mrs. Miller cried in agony as her only daughter at the moment was towed into the ambulance while my mother held her to her side, supporting her weight and crying as well. Mr. Miller and my father were practically eating Detective Roland alive for his poor effort towards the case of the disappearances. He was surprisingly shouting back at them and by the look my father and Mr. Miller were boring into him, this man wouldn't be going to work tomorrow.

My brother stood like a zombie staring at nothing. He looked like he just escaped an asylum. I shook my head, catching my breath returning my attention back to my love. She lay motionlessly on the stretcher. Her eyes slowly opened and breathing started pick up. I started my way to the ambulance when my mother's cry pierced into my ear

"David Jeremy Sachar, you stop this right now." Mom shouted. My brother had finally cracked. He slammed his head against his truck and instantly blood streamed from his head. Mom begged him to stop but she jumped back when he smashed is fist into the car window and let out a loud wail, screaming his despair and indignant away.

I glanced at Suri as the plea in hers eye grew brighter. I wanted to assure her that I'll never leave her side. But my brother was a problem. I grimaced at my brother punching the side mirror, shattering the glass and blood dipping from his hand.

"David . . ." I yelled, approaching him.

"I'll handle this Derek, go with Suri, she needs you." My mother stopped me, placing both hands on my face. She gave me a promising look and left after David who was being held down by paramedics. I inhaled deeply and raced back to my love, which she too, was fighting for her life.

"Sir, are you joining us to the hospital?" The man asked before I got in the ambulance.

"Yes . . ." I murmured not wasting time. I touched her hand as I sat across from her. Her body was like winter, cold and unbearable. I began to sob before her as a single tear rolled from her eyes. I wouldn't allow her to leave. I needed her as much as she needed me in return.

She's the best friend anyone wishes they had. Strong, caring, lovingly, loveable, I couldn't survive without that sweetness in my life. Her beautiful blue eyes the shimmered like a full moon. Her long mane that flowed freely and lips that take all my effort not kiss all day. She was my moon princess, the core to my universe and stars to my night. Surilyn, she was everything and I'd be damned if this girl died before me.

The ambulance reached the hospital in proximately five minutes. I was already jumping out when the doors swung up. They quickly rushed her in, shouting things my mind didn't listen to. All that I cared about was that my love would survive this. She had too. Mrs. Miller clutched to my arm tighter as her eyes widen with a sudden fear. I gazed at Suri in disbelief. Her eyes rolled back and her body began to twitch and flop like a fish out of the water. White foam bubbled out from her mouth and she gagged loudly. She seemed like she was being possessed. I've never experienced anything this traumatizing before.