Chapter 25 - Proof

I felt like I was in a movie and I was the target of the whole plot. Suri's eyes sadden as she walked over to where I stood feeling completely betrayed.

"Hi," she said stopping in front of me.

"Hi," I whispered.

"I didn't know he was going to be here. Honestly, I didn't think any of his family was coming." Suri frowned, glacing over her shoulder. Derek was already taking his seat, with a murderous stare spreading across his face. Clearly his anger was directed towards me.

"Maybe it's another one of my mother's scemes. Trust me, I feel the same way you are feeling. I just want to ditch this place." She added looking down at her hands.

"I bet it is. What's Derek's problem?"

"Nothing," she muttered, dropping her hands to her side and looked up at me.

"Doesn't sound like nothing. Perhaps I should take a raincheck?" I studied her face. Something seemed different, perhaphs she was hiding something from me.

She changed her expression quickly. "Don't be ridiculous." She choked out, taking my hand. "We can leave if you feel uncomfortable though." Suri added. I smiled lightly, squeezing her hand to reassure her. I wanted to see where this was going. What was Derek's problem?

"Gregory," Suri's mother said surprised and came to where we stood. "What a lovely surpise to see you." Her snake like eyes appraising me, waiting to squash me like a bug with any chance she got.

"Suri invited me, I hope you don't mind."

"Certainly not," she lied, smiling at Suri before turning away.

Suri and I both looked at each other. "I see the witch is on her broom." I whispered as we walked over to the table.

"Should we keep the salt close by." Suri joked.

We both giggled taking our seats. Derek was sitting across from us givng me a sharp glare. He clearly was not happy. Though I didn't I care. Audrey and Zeyanna sat on either side of Derek. Derek leaned over and whispered something into Audrey's ear and she nodded. I rolled my eyes. I wonder what their problem was. I ignored them instead and picked up the menu. There was so much to choose from.

"What can I get you?" A waiter said from behind us.  

"I'll have the shrimp soup." I said, considering that was the only thing I would eat.

"And for you miss?" The waiter asked shifting his attention to Suri.

"I'll have the same he is having." She told him handing the waiter the menu. "Oh and no spice please."

"Of course." He nodded respectfully and disappered into the kitchen.

"I didn't know you like Seafood." I told her as she began to look at the large dessert menu.

She snorted giving me a sideways grin. "I don't." She admitted scooting closer to me. "You made it sound yummy." She whispered in my ear and turned to look at the menu.

I laughed quietly and pointed to a red velvet cake topped with coconut shred icing.

"I hate coconut."

"I will remember that." I said. "What about a chocolate truffle." I suggested.

"Mmm that will do." She agreed closing the menu. "Sooo..." She grinned.

"So." I played along.

"I picked a dresss."  She spoke proudly. "It's like a fairytale dress, so you must dress accordingly." She narrowed her eyes as she can set me on fire then snickered.