Chapter sixteen ~ Melody (part one)

Note From Barb: This chapter is not fully completed. I've been super busy and I am not quite sure when I'll have time to complete. =/ Sorry. But Ill gave you a teaser for now. It would have been up last night but my laptop was acting retarted. hahaha. Oh well.

I hope you enjoy.

Also, PLEASEEE with a CHERRY on TOPPPP!! Take the time after your done reading and tell me what team you are on. Team DEREK or GREGORY. I really want to know. =]

Anyways. I hope you are all having a Happy Sunday.

Xoxo - Barb!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

-Gregory

Suri and I were parked outside the food market. I was just shutting off the car when I heard her humming such a captivating melody. It froze me in place and I wished she had never stopped. It was like I was being transported to another time. I wanted to her more.

I swear, this beautiful person never fails to amaze me.

"Do you sing by any chance?" I asked when we stepped out of the car.

She looked over at me with a smile playing on her lips. "Just a little, don't be surprise though. You will always catch me humming a tune or some melody. It's something I do to relax my mind."

"What were you humming now?" I wondered as I glanced around the parking. I caught an old woman eyeing us. She wore an admiring expression, pushing her cart to her trunk. It made me curious to know what this old woman was thinking when she saw Suri and I. I looked back at Suri when she began to speak.

"Umm, some melody I am creating for myself. It's just to remind me of my sister. It's almost done. I'll show it to you." She assured me with that beautiful smile I hoped never faded away.

I couldn't resist myself any longer. I grabbed her hand, securing her by my side. I couldn't afford this light to disappear from my world. Not now, not ever.

"So what are we getting?" She probe cheerfully as we headed for the supermarket.

"You'll see." I grinned.

"Oh man. . ." I heard her half giggle and release my hand. My heart fell to the put of my stomach from losing her touch. It's like I needed the feel of her warmness against mine.

"Earth to Gregory . . . Are you okay?" Suri said pulling my attention to back. I looked down at her in awe as she gave me a worried look. I couldn't stop from smiling when she touched my forehead.

"I am fine." I said squeezing her hand.

"Okay, now come were holding up traffic." She presumed tugging on my arm.

"Opps, I didn't realize." I noted walking beside her as she pushed the shopping carriage.

I when scanned a few isles and I watched her helplessly throw some random snacks into the cart. I was surprised to see how much junk was there. But if she enjoyed eating it, it didn't bother me. I threw a few things myself and I saw her grinned from the corner of her eye.

I could imagine her and I doing this years from now and me adoring that alluring smile that she wore so well.

"What," she said perching her hands on her hips.

God did she enjoy teasing me? To me she was the most sexiest girl alive. I wanted her all to myself.

"Oh Greg," she sang, softly punching my arm. "Why are you looking at me that way?"

"Like how?"

"Your smiling with those dazzling eyes on yours."

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "I can't help that your just so beautiful and soon to be mine . . ." I whispered in her ear. I smiled when she sucked in a low breath, her expression almost surprised.

She back up against the shelf behind her as I leaned in to kiss her. She kissed me back willingly with her soft hand touching my cheek lightly. My arm moved on its own, wrapping around her waist and securing her there. But suddenly she stopped, looking into my eyes. It was like only she and I existed in this moment. Just her eyes looking at me with no one around. I brushed my lips light on hers, memorizing the feel of her warm soft lips.

"My, my . . . Aren't you two the most cutest couple." a gentle voice spoke behind us. Our heads snapped into the woman's direction. "You remind of my husband and I when we were just about your age." She perked, walking around us.

"Really," Suri said, her eyes following her as the lady went.

"Certainly," she beamed kindly. "Young man, take care of her heart, you never know when you might lose it." She winked me and waved goodbye to Suri and went along with her day.

I looked down at Suri as her eyes stayed glued to where the woman had just stood. I felt sudden unease. It was strange for this random old lady to tell me take care of my Suri. Did she see in me that I could hurt her? Or make her sad enough to cry. I couldn't. Why would I even think that? It couldn't cross my mind to desert this lovely light. A melody with such grace, beauty, love. I couldn't imagine myself without having her around. Over my dead body would I let this heart get away. Not after what happen today at the lake.

She slowly looked up at me, her eyes wide coated with this expression I couldn't let go. It's like she was seeing me for the first time. She smiled that smile I absolutely adored, kissing my lips passionately. Then she kissed my cheek and pulled me towards our cart full of junk food.

"Come on, let's finish shopping. We have a date to prepare." I chuckled when she gave me a silly wink. I watched her walk away with a grin playing on her lips.

This girl. My Suri. She was going to be the death of me. <3