Chapter fifteen ~ Rebirth

"Ouch, at least you didn't damage your beautiful face."

I gave him a sideways glance. What did he mean by that? What if I was ugly and marked with a scar? I wonder if he'd even take a second to look at me.

"What if I did? What if I wore a horrendous scare of my face; would you still speak to me?" I asked looking away. I squeezed my fingers waiting for his response. I wasn't sure if I could handle it.

"I would absolutely still talk to you." He answered me with so much certain. I knew he wasn't lying.

I didn't speak. I just continued to stare out the window. I defiantly knew I couldn't handle it. Greg was such a true hearted person. The way he speaks or acts; it's as if he would see beyond it and see the part of my soul I lost along time ago.

I noticed my street and I realized I hadn't given him further directions.

"Oh Greg, turn here," I cried straightening up. He pressed the brakes lightly and swerved smoothly on my street. I couldn't be more impressed by he's unique driving skills. I always wanted to learn to drive that. "Sorry," I mumbled before I forgot.

"It's okay." He assured me with a smile. Oh how I loved that smile of his.

I looked at my stupid big house as we pulled into the front drive way. I could already feel the silence echoing of depression waiting with misery as it prepared to assault me. I hated living alone. My parents were never there, and Liz was always ruining errands. It wasn't fair.

I wish Gregory would accompany me. Liz wouldn't make it home to after eight with all the errands she had. Dad was on a business trip. It was ridiculous I had suffered this way. Times like this, I wish May were here.

"Um, yeah . . . This is where I live. It's a pretty pointless house."

"Don't say that."

"Really it is. Since . . . Since my sister, it's only been my house keeper and I. My father is barely here and my mom is in Japan. She's been there for a year already." I frowned. I hated that mom decided to move temporary over there just so she can manage the new international airport Dad opened.

"It's okay to be angry, Suri."

"I've been angry since the day she left." I said more to myself. I felt the hole in my chest clawing its way through, forcing me to break down. I had to do something quick to distract myself. "Let's go for a walk." I quickly suggested opening the door. There were other trails besides the one to Blare Hill.

"Where," he asked.

"There are trails behind my house. Come." I told him getting out quickly and shutting the door. I waited hopeful and smiled when he started to pull the key out of the ignition. With out thought I held my hand out for him. I wanted him to be close to me. He took my hand instantly and I began to lead the way to the west side of the house. It was the opposite direction of Blare Hill.

Dad preferred this side better since my sister and I had taken over Blare Hill. He even had a dock built so we can walk far out into the lake. I really miss those days. That was when we were a family.

But now I was glad to be walking with such a lovely boy.

I listen to the birds sing as the cool breeze sweep by us lightly. The sun was still high enough to warm some what of the air. The trees danced gracefully as we walked on by. I see why dad loved to come out here. It's complete tranquility here. You can walk here and look out into the distance and forget the despair that tries to destroy your everyday.

As we walked on, I notice the dirt path seemed to be untouched and that sadden me. It seemed that the beauty that surrounded my house was being forgotten except for Blare Hill. I could never let that place go. It's where my sister's heart lays and the only place I can go to remember her.