Runaway, I Dare You-Perrentes

Tony and his mom had a great connection, but when they had fights, they ended with no communication for days, constant glares, and hatred everywhere. As well as they got along, those fights drove them apart even more.

"I was happy up until you walked in and started complaining about useless crap. I'd say I'd rather die, but I'd rather stay alive and runaway. Anywhere is better than the same house as you, at this point at least." Tony glared at his mom. She looked shocked for a second, but then quickly went back to her previous state.

The next four words would ruin Tony's life shortly.

"Runaway, I dare you." She showed nothing but genuine hatred in her eyes. Tony wouldn't chicken out, he was too mad. He yelled at her to leave while he packed what he needed. 

Those four words also led to one of the best things in Tony's life. He left within that hour with a backpack and money. In an event like this, Tony would've left and stayed with Jaime, but Jaime was visiting his cousins. Tony didn't have enough money to spend on a motel or anything of the sort. He was too mad, stressed, worried, and nervous to even think about sleeping. Despite his crappy mood, the city looked nice, so he decided he'd just wander around and gather his thoughts.

The stars seemed to shine brighter as Tony tried his best to get a grip on what he'd do. Maybe when Jaime returned, he'd stay there, get a job, and save up for an apartment. Sighing, he decided maybe that wouldn't be so great, Jaime's parents would get annoyed of Tony at one point. 

Tony groaned in annoyance, he wanted his mind to shut up, he'd return to his problems later, he just wanted to calm down first. The fight left him tense and moody. Like always, his emotions got the best of him, Tony allowed himself to sink onto the curb and cry. Tony was vulnerable, he cried, but not because he missed him mom, he cried because he didn't know how his future would turn out. It looked like no one was around, it was almost two a.m, people would be sleeping, not outside in the dark.

One of the only few people out involved Mike. He was inside listening to music quietly, and then he heard the distant noise of crying outside his window. Usually, Mike wouldn't care, he'd just try to ignore them and carry on with his life, but this person looked familiar. His heart stopped when he realized who that was, Tony, the very attractive boy in most of his classes. He slid on shoes and a shirt, then he walked quietly to the door.

Mike didn't want to startle Tony, so he made an effort to make his appearance noticeable. He dragged his feet against the gravel as he walked to Tony. It worked since Tony tensed, frantically wiped his tears, and bit down on his lip to avoid any further noises. Tony looked up to see someone standing over his shoulder. Tony immediately stood up and looked around, he tried to think where to run.

"I'll...um...I'll go now. Sorry I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'll just go..." Tony turned around on his heels and began to jog away. He was stopped when his hand was held back. He turned around worried, but he soon realized it was Mike.

"You'll never bother me, Tony. I'd ask if you're okay, but it doesn't look like it. It's late Tony, go home and sleep or relax." Mike squeezed Tony's hand gently as he rubbed circles with his thumb. Tony flinched and pulled his hand away.

"Home isn't exactly an option, and it won't matter." Tony had regained steady breathing, and looked away. He heard Mike sigh and watched as he moved closer.

"Wanna talk about it? I know I don't know you that well, but hey, doesn't mean I can't get to know you or even help you," Mike smiled, hoping Tony would accept his offer. "It's cold, dark, and late. Do you wanna go inside? I promise you I'll try my best to help things seem okay, for now at least."

Tony really just wanted to be on his own, but company sounded great. He contemplated the decision to leave or stay, but eventually, he chose to go with Mike.

"I'll go with you, but I'm leaving after tonight." Tony hesitated, but nodded his head. He'll stay and leave in the morning to work things out. He'd probably also make a call to Jaime. Mike smiled gently and grabbed Tony's hand again. It was a gesture of comfort, or at least that's what Tony assumed.

That night was important to the both of them. Tony was able to work out a plan, he was able to vent, and he was able to cry in the comfort of Mike's embrace. Small gestures from Tony, like smiling while pushing his body closer to Mike, made his heart do unexpected flips. When Tony fell asleep in Mike's arms, Mike realized he couldn't just let Tony be alone after what happened. Mike promised himself he wouldn't let Tony slip away easily.

On the other hand, Tony was right, there will be better places compared to his old home, being in the comfort and heart of Mike was one of them.

a.n-i feel like this could've been better and the ending is so bad rip. i'm getting inspired again and maybe i'll go back to my other stories, but eh i lost hope. i might update later today but idk. if you vote or comment, thanks so much. but i hope you like it more than i do tbh.

(not proofread, i'll do that later)