do you ever stop smiling? - kellic

"Um, there's Carrie or Scream, so which one?" Mike's eyes scanned over the two movie choices he had selected.

"Neither," Vic placed the popcorn filled bowls on the coffee table and sat down, stealing a handful of popcorn. "I think we still have Night of the Living Dead. Go get it, yeah?"

"But then effor-"

"Get the movie." Kellin interrupted, speaking for the first time since he'd arrived at the house a few minutes ago.

"Aye you hear that? Even your friend agrees with me, so it's decided." Vic contently ate his popcorn, the bowl already showing hints that Vic had eaten a lot of it.

"Kellin don't you dare fucking take his side!" Mike threw the movies down and glared at his brother and best friend. "You're a biased little shit." Mike pointed his finger accusingly at Kellin. He walked away to the garage to find the movie his brother 'desperately' needed.

Vic smiled in victory and noted how the popcorn amount decreased, maybe he'd assign Kellin to microwave more for them. He opened his mouth to ask Kellin, but he immediately closed his mouth when he saw Kellin smiling.

"I didn't know what to bring, but Mike mentioned you like Dr. Pepper," Kellin reached into his backpack and pulled out a big bottle of Dr. Pepper and placed it beside the popcorn bowls. Vic registered what Kellin had said and began smiling and nodding his head.

"I also hope you don't mind me being here, Mike also mentioned it's a tradition between you two, i really don't want to intrude." The younger male shyly recoiled, feeling a tad bit rude for being there.

In the few years of knowing Kellin, they had only talked for a few times that lasted a minute. Usually, Mike would interrupt them and drag Kellin away, there were very few occasions where they'd stay in the same room as Vic. He was the older brother that always hid in his room, playing guitar or napping. Most of what he did hardly included needing Mike and his friends.

Whenever they'd hang out, Mike would claim he had very few friends, and Kellin was he unfortunate soul stuck with him. Vic would sometimes sit on the couch while overhearing Kellin and Mike argue about what bands were better than the other. He never cared, he was a grade above and thought he was too mature or something, so he would stay quiet.

Vic stumbled over his words, "N-no it's fine, don't worry I wa-I mean we, as in Mike and I, would love your company." Kellin's smile grew wider, in fact, it never seemed to leave. To the best of Vic's knowledge, he'd been smiling ever since he got there.

Kellin nodded his head slightly and sat on the couch  beside Vic, who's heart missed a beat. There was a whole bunch of space left, so he wondered why Kellin would choose the spot right next to him. It took him a second to realize he was just leaving space for Mike, and he dropped his gaze away to avoid embarrassment.

"Alright, I found the movie. Be happy." Mike threw the dvd at Vic and then sat next Kellin. Vic tried to not feel disappointed as Kellin shifted closer to Mike.

The rest of night was spent watching various movies and eating unhealthy shit they found in the house. Then, around 3am, they all were asleep, giving up on the hope they would last any longer.

It wasn't as much of a let down as Vic had expected, in fact, he was able to talk to Kellin more. There was no denying the flips his heart would do whenever Kellin laughed or accidentally touched Vic's hand while reaching for something.

It took a few hours for Vic to quickly realized the warm feeling in his chest that was unwelcomed. It couldn't be possible that Vic likes Kellin, they had barely talked up until that night. He dismissed it as anxiety around Mike's friend because they hardly encountered each other, but that was partly the reason.