making peace - kellic

Maybe their feud began in Kindergarten when Vic kicked sand in Kellin's eye while they fought over a toy truck. Or maybe it started in 1st grade when Kellin spilled blue paint all over Vic's snowman drawing after they argued over a crayon. There were even times when Kellin threw a tantrum because he saw Vic do something as simple as blinking.

From a young age, those two were constantly on the verge of slitting each other's throats.

Elementary was slightly easier, they had different lunch times and saw each other less than they preferred. High school rolled around, and they both matured, but they most definitely remained the same during their fights.

Kellin recently changed into Vic's favorite class, and to Vic, that was the end of the world. He complained to the teacher, but the teacher didn't care as long as they weren't disruptive. He concluded that the teacher simply hated him, that's probably why she placed Kellin at Vic's table.

Vic briefly considered pestering Kellin until he snapped at Vic and was then kicked out, but that required too much effort.

Vic plopped into his chair, seeing no love for his favorite class, Music. Kellin slipped into the class, looking as nice as always, but it changed as soon as he saw Vic. A larger part of him always hoped for a miracle that led to Vic not being in that class, but it never worked. He was sadly always there.

He glared at Vic while he placed his backpack beside his chair. Vic angrily flipped to a random page in his notebook and pretended to be interested in it.

Music seemed to drag on forever, and the teacher wouldn't stop talking, but Vic was more focused on finally leaving. Kellin kept glancing from his desk to Vic, it slightly made Vic uncomfortable from the unnecessary attention. The bell rams, signifying Vic's freedom. He stood up immediately and quickly walked out the classroom, relief washing over him as he walked to his car, moments away from home afterwards.

The only he hated about the end of the school day was the location of his last class and the student parking lot. He had to walk from one side of the school to the other, and that meant he had to walk across the soccer field and the quad till he finally reached his car. He was always felt intimidated walking past them, the immature teens always gossiped and Vic always felt like it was about him, truth be told, none of them payed attention to who passed by. Vic worries for nothing.

It was bad enough he was already intimidated, but when he heard a familiar voice call his name, he strongly hoped for a tragedy to take him. He immediately placed the voice to a name, Kellin. He groaned and then stopped, he turned his head and saw Kellin running to catch up to him.

Vic contemplated walking again, but he had nothing interesting to do so he waited. Kellin caught up a second or two later, panting and pressing a hand to his stomach, "You walk fast for someone with short legs."

Vic's heart sunk, "You're not much taller than me," It was a terrible idea to wait for Kellin. Vic rolled his eyes, "I hope you die a fucking fiery death."

Kellin smirked at him, "I'm already too hot."

"What do you want?"

"Nothing," Kellin smiled, Vic knew something was up.

"I find that hard to believe."

"I swear!" Kellin raised his hands up, gesturing a surrender. "I wanna make peace."

"Since when do you care about that?" Vic scoffed, then he continued to walk.

"We'd make good allies." Kellin walked faster and stopped in front of Vic, making him stop again. Vic raised his eyebrows questionably.

"I mean like, we'd make a good pair, not necessarily a couple but you're someone I want in my life for a long time, y'know?"

"No I don't know." Vic sighed, motioning for Kellin to step aside. Kellin frowned and placed his hands on his hips.

"I used to loathe you, but I can't. You're a valuable person, I was too selfish to admit it," Kellin paused, feeling slightly embarrassed. "I don't know how to put it into words, but i hate hating you when I truthfully wanna be friends. Like I said, we'd be good together."

Kellin felt proud, but what he said finally sunk in, "Not like a couple! I jus-never mind."

Vic furrowed his brows and seemed very confused, "Why would I do that if I 'loathe' you?" He didn't mean for it to seem rude, he was just tired and eager to go home.

Kellin's cheeks were slightly red and his eyes glossed over with what seemed like tears, "No, don't mean that."

"Mean what?"

"When you say you hate me," Kellin looked down, blinking really fast in hopes of making the tears go away. "I used to mean it, but I don't like that feeling anymore."

Vic was shocked at the most. He didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything.

"Vic?" Kellin whispered. "Say something? I feel stupid over this and I just need confirmation or something."

"You really are too hot." Vic laughed, the aura around them was finally nothing but good vibes.

The red returned to Kellin's face, but the tears weren't there anymore. Kellin smiled, feeling the weight leave his chest.

"I-I'm gonna try something, but you can't freak out, okay?" Kellin nervously spoke up. Vic nodded his head reassuringly.

Kellin took a deep breath in and mentally prepared himself. He leaned down just a little bit, and attempted to place a kiss on Vic's lips, he ended up kissing Vic's cheek, dangerously close to his lips.

It was a soft kiss on the cheek, and Kellin stepped back a second after, eyes wide and afraid of Vic's response. Vic smiled, "Earn it." Kellin glared at him, but he wasn't so embarrassed about it since Vic reacted calmly.

Kellin's mission changed from "annoy Vic" to "kiss Vic."

--

idk just go with the flow. i'm writing again! i just don't know what to write!! the texting story is quickly updated, but i wanna write more one shots, i just don't have ideas for it. i hope you think this decent since i have no confidence :-)