the silence - kellic

i keep deleting and rewriting this until i was completely proud of it so here it is! i tried really hard with this simply because i couldn't ever get it right.

it's different than my others, so here's a song fic based off the silence by mayday parade. maybe vote and/or comment?? here's some sad stuff :-)

❀ ❀ ❀

torn in two, she lies awake
the moon lights up the room like day
another night she spends alone
without his touch, her skin so cold

Kellin sat on his bed, it was sometime past midnight, but Kellin lost track of time. He stared at the wall beside his bed for what seemed like hours, and it probably was. The dim light that seeped through the window illuminated the empty space on the bed next to him. Vic was supposed to be there, sleeping peacefully and happily beside Kellin, holding him and keeping him warm, but that hasn't happened in a long time.

the blood that's running through her veins
with every beat, there's no escape
lost in everything she trusts
still can't seem to get enough

Today was important to Kellin, he would make a decision that would both break and heal him. Every second that passed by, he became more impatient, but he tried to settle his restless self. Kellin trusted Vic, and he knew he'd be home late in the night. Vic would return to his sad lover, but he would never return until the sun rose. That was the only time he'd come home from his night of pleasure. Despite not wanting to admit it, Kellin knew what had to be done, he'd become so lost in Vic's behavior, and it was time he'd free himself.

even though the world she loved
it won't ever be the way it was
and his heart of stone left hers breaking

Kellin closed his eyes, not to sleep, but look away from the wall - it became uninteresting. When Kellin and Vic first began dating a few years ago, it was absolutely the best feeling ever. His view on the world changed, and he saw more liveliness, and it was all thanks to Vic.

The third year of their relationship was when everything began breaking. Kellin found out what Vic began doing behind his back. The marks on his neck and scratches on his back that didn't come from Kellin gave it away. It definitely wasn't the marks Kellin left behind, it'd been months since Vic touched Kellin or vice versa. Vic would always say, "I'm not in the mood." or "Later, I'm tired." Kellin respected that and stopped trying, he'd wait for Vic to initiate something, but he never did.

Kellin remained quiet about his new observations, but the first night Vic left in the afternoon and came back at sunrise, Kellin's heart broke. His views on the world and himself slowly changed, they became more sorrowful and pitiful. From that night on, Kellin's health began deteriorating.

every night, she cries
and dies a little more each time
say you love me
nothing left inside
say you love me
and the silence will set her free

Vic's habit of leaving midday and returning early mornings continued.  Kellin was left a crying mess, only wishing it'd end. As he died a little more each night, Kellin decided he needed to confront Vic. It wasn't fair to him, and he needed the answer to help him.

"Y-You're never home anymore. I miss you at night," Kellin looked down, refusing to meet Vic's intimidating eyes. "I don't know where you go, but is it with a-another man?" Kellin's voice faltered, and he awaited the answer.