100 sleepless nights - kellic

The moment Vic was given permission to invite two of his friends, Jaime and Tony, to stay for two nights, Mike immediately invited at least one person so it was fair. His first option was Kellin, but Mike nearly cried when Kellin rejected him.

After days of Mike nagging him constantly, the sleep-deprived boy concluded he let Mike down too often, so he sadly agreed to going to Mike's house. It was obvious he didn't want to go, but it Mike knew about Kellin's endless nightmares, so he promised himself he'll watch after Kellin carefully.

Friday afternoon rolled around and Mike drove to Kellin's house to pick him up. Kellin clutched onto his backpack and stepped into the car, glaring slightly at his best friend.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Kellin kept his eyes fixated on the road, trying his best to not think about any bad things that could come.

Mike piped up, "Stop," he dragged out the O. "You'll have fun! Especially since I'm there." Mike puffed out his chest and gripped the steering wheel tightly. Kellin laughed a little, Mike priding himself on making Kellin laugh.

The car ride to Mike's house was a short one, but they spent it mostly talking about Kellin's most recent breakthrough - he finally doesn't wake up screaming, only crying now. They both saw it as something to be happy about.

Mike parked in the driveway, then he hopped out and ran to the door. He unlocked it and held it out for Kellin, then he walked in and locked the door behind him.

Nervously, Kellin looked up from the ground only to be met by Vic's curious eyes. His eyes skimmed over Kellin, observing the shy human his younger brother brought over. Mike and Kellin had been best friends since the start of middle school, but Kellin never really left his house unless it was to school or occasionally Mike's house. He'd only encountered Kellin when they accidentally bumped into each other and Kellin apologized a million times.

Kellin was always careful and managed to stay out of the limelight, maybe that's why Vic was slightly fascinated by how Kellin finally wasn't hiding behind Mike.

This was the boy Vic could hear Mike talk to on the phone at 3 am and saying things like, "Breathe, Kellin. Please, for me. I know you're scared but it's not real. You're awake and they won't take you." Vic had no clue what that was about, and it didn't stop him from asking questions, even if Mike would say, "It's not my choice to tell."

Kellin shifted uncomfortably under Vic's gaze, and his movements brought Vic back to reality, he smiled and walked over to the nervous wreck.

"Hey there," Vic smiled in attempts to make Kellin feel more comfortable. Kellin simply waved. "Everything's all set up, Jaime and Tony are in my room if you wanna join them." Kellin felt too awkward to go with Jaime and Tony, he didn't know them too well.

"I can help you with something. I don't want to overuse my welcome here." Kellin offered, he was able to kill two birds with one stone. He'd be useful and he wouldn't be alone with two people he was unaccustomed to.

Mike waved his hand dismissively, "Nah, I brought you here to have a good time and enjoy yourself. Chill with Tony and Jaime." He smiled and Kellin felt his heart sink a little. Kellin nodded his head and the. walked down the hall to the room he figured was Vic's judging by the two other boys in there.

Kellin walked in, and the two others immediately greeted him. Tony stayed in his place, but he eagerly waved at Kellin. Jaime, on the other hand, ran over and held his arms out to give Kellin a hug, which Kellin reluctantly accepted. He let his bag plop to the corner after Jaime released him from the hug.

They were engaged in the a conversation Kellin wasn't really paying attention to, but he occasionally spoke up as best as he could when Jaime turned to Kellin to talk.