A not so bad idea - Quills (requested)

(Justin Hills + Kellin Quinn)

╳╳╳

Justin knew it was a bad idea trying to go down a flight of stairs on a bike. Justin knew it was a bad idea trying to walk off the pain in his leg. Justin knew it was a bad idea not going to the hospital when he could barely walk. Justin knew it was a bad idea trying to put off going to the hospital, but the pain in his leg grew unbearable, and he could no longer ignore it.

It started off as a stupid idea, a dare. Justin was never one to say no to a dare, but he knew that was also a bad idea. He tried to fulfill the dare, but the moment he crashed, he nearly passed out from the pain in his leg. He didn't want to show his friends how vulnerable he felt, so he stood up and tried to compose himself. It was nearly difficult with a slightly swollen ankle and bleeding leg.

Every step he took hurt, but he couldn't cry and ask his friends to take him to the hospital, maybe that's why Justin decided to go in the morning. He figured he could sleep it off and that the pain went away, but he was wrong. Oh so wrong.

He woke up in the morning with a slightly purple leg and swollen ankle on his left leg. His toes went numb on that leg, and Justin nearly ripped his hair out from frustration. He considered his options: he could drive there, but it wouldn't be safe, or he could call Gabe and get him to drive him, but that was embarrassing. After a few minutes of crying and decision making, he called Gabe. He'd rather be humiliated than almost accidentally killing someone.

The drive was full of Gabe laughing and Justin holding back tears, and arriving at the hospital made Justin feel sick. There was only a few people, but Justin was still frustrated. As Gabe used the bathroom, Justin sat down and hated himself.

He regretted making such a bad decision, but that all changed once he heard an angelic laugh. He looked up saw a nurse near by. Usually, Justin would've ignored people, but that nurse caught his attention. The nurse stood in front of a small child with a cast on her arm. Justin's jaw dropped, the nurse was prettiest person he's ever seen. Every time the nurse smiled, his eyes lit up, his fairly long hair complemented the nurse's handsome features.

Suddenly, Justin stopped hating himself and slightly wished the handsome man on the other side of the room was his nurse. Gabe returned and sat next to Justin.

"You look like you saw a ghost, you okay? Wait, I know that face, what hot guy is floating your boat?" Gabe refrained from teasing Justin on his injury.

"No one, shut up." Justin smacked Gabe's arm and returned his attention to the nurse who was now walking over their way. Gabe tried to see who Justin was looking at, and the moment he saw the nurse, he went, "Oh."

"I'm here for a Justin Hills." Justin's mouth went dry as the beautiful nurse spoke. He had trouble speaking, so he raised his hand a little.

"That'd be the dork next to me." Gabe smiled. The nurse laughed a little, and Justin nearly had a mini heart attack.

"Well alright then. Hi, I'm Kellin and I'll be assisting you until a doctor is available." The nurse, Kellin, reached his hand out to shake Justin's hand. "Follow me please." Kellin slowly made his way over to a room. Gabe helped Justin walk over while Justin observed all of Kellin.

They entered a room and Justin went to go sit on the bed while Kellin prepared some supplies. Gabe spoke up, "Why do you have a bunch of smiley faces and Mickey Mouses on your scrubs?" It was a random question that Gabe had.

Kellin laughed and explained, "I work at the children's hospital next to this hospital, but they were short a few nurses here so I volunteered to help."

There was no way Kellin could be that perfect. He was so beautiful, and he helped kids for a living. Justin was intrigued by Kellin, but also slightly jealous because Kellin had mainly spoken to Gabe the whole time. Then again, Justin was at lost for words. But Gabe, in his own words, was a genius.

"I'm hungry, so I'm going to the Mcdonald's, call me if you need me, Jus." Gabe walked out the door and winked at Justin. He had a plan, he knew his best friend welll enough to know Justin had a minor crush on Kellin, and he decided he'd leave so Kellin and Justin could be alone. Justin nodded and looked back at Kellin.

"Justin, rate your pain on a scale from 1 through 10."

"8, but will you kiss it to make it better?" Justin tried his luck a little.

"Hmm, I don't think that's a good idea. Kissing your leg wouldn't be felt, so it wouldn't be necessary." An amused Kellin nodded his head. Justin pouted and tried his best to not press on the subject.

They carried on with the usual procedure, the whole blood pressure, what started the pain, where the pain is, and what the problem is. Justin flirted the whole time, and Kellin was slightly flustered. No one flirted with him, especially not an attractive person, but this could possibly be the last time Kellin saw Justin.

Eventually, a doctor entered the room and Kellin left. Justin got X-rays and had to go through a minor procedure to get the cast on. Once it was over, he had on a plaster cast and a smile on his face because Kellin walked back into the room.

With a bit of trouble, Kellin was able to speak without stuttering a little, "So, the impact stretched your muscles a little more than how it should be, and it slightly tore some of it. The incident cause a sprained ankle and muscle tearing, but the doctor should be able to give medication to subside the pain. You'll be given crutches and bed rest."

It kind of scared Justin, he usually walked away from a dare with a bruise and a cut or two, it was never this serious. So he tried to make light of the situation, "Since I'm on bed rest, will you be there to join me? Maybe a little more than just resting."

Kellin's eyes opened wide, "I-uh-no I won't be there. Besides, you can't d-do much with that on your leg." His cheeks were slightly red and Kellin fumbled with his fingers.

"What a shame, I won't be seeing your beautiful face again quite possibly." Justin moved so he was lay my down on the bed, but he didn't look away from the flustered nurse.

"The cast should be off in about 6 weeks, it's not a severe sprain. You can call your friend and tell him that you can be picked up now." Kellin broke eye contact.

"I'm definitely found to try to see you again," Justin pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"I-I could say the same," Kellin finally gave an indication of interest in Justin. "I work Tuesdays through Thursday, my shift ends at 6:30 pm, and I'm mostly at the children's hospital." Kellin was nervous, but he couldn't deny that he wanted to see Justin again.

╳╳

"So you get 6 weeks with a cast and a sprained ankle, anything else? I didn't leave for no reason." Gabe was curious and tried to be subtle so he could find out why Justin couldn't stop smiling.

Saying no to the dare didn't turn out as bad as Justin anticipated, and he certainly didn't expect a great outcome.

"I have a date with the cute nurse in a few days and I got his number." Justin nearly squealed at the thought of Kellin.

╳╳╳

AH I REALLY HOPE THIS TURNED OUT OKAY. im proud of this tbh so i really hoped you enjoyed it. maybe vote or comment? much appreciated. anyway, thank you for your time ! :-)

[sorry for any mistakes]