Five

She's in a little red tight dress. Her hair is still in its sloppy curls and her lips are painted red. I can't stop looking at them. I am staring and it's noticeable. I just need to control myself. I need to control myself. It is 7pm. We are in a restaurant of my choice. We will order the special which should be the Cajun Lemon Pepper Salmon. I will order a bottle of Bordeaux. We will eat. I will take her home possibly to have sex. Hopefully to have sex.

Control.

Control.

Control.

"Damien are you going to say something or are you just going to stay mute all evening?"

"You don't humor me."

"I could say the same about you."

I shut my eyes momentarily regaining my composure and looking at her once again. This time, in complete control. We order our food and a bottle of Bordeaux. She talks a little and I use my second sense as she goes on. I am listening but not. Who could possibly listen when she's dressed so distractingly. Besides, I didn't have my morning fix.

"You're not listening."

"True but I know what you said."

"How can you possibly know what I said if you weren't listening?"

"You said you used to work at a bar. That now you are a student in night school. That you now work for the school in the writers department. You love a good bottle of wine. And this wasn't your ideal way of getting back on the saddle. In which I think your talking about dating again."

"Yeah I haven't dated in a while, since my break up---but that's not the point; how did you do that?"

"I call it my second senses. I'm not sure I have just always been able to do it."

"I think that's pretty amazing."

"That's not the only thing I'm amazing at Vanessa."

"It's just Nessa."

"I prefer Vanessa." I pour her some more wine before sitting back in my chair.

"You haven't had even a sip to drink."

"I'm driving."

"I see, that's very responsible of you."

"Why don't you let me be responsible of you? Just a few hours." She smiles and returns her attention to her plate of chocolate cake, "I am going to guess you're the kind of girl that says no to sex on the first date?"

I see something in the look on her face. She wants it to. She wants to have an itch scratched and I'm ready and willing. But she won't submit to any of my plays she will not agree to it. I will not do anything until she agrees. I hold up my hand signaling the waiter for our check. I pay quickly and tell them to keep the change before I stare at her sitting still and silent across the table.

She snorts, disturbingly, "Your eager."

"I am. And I'm going to need you to stop snorting babe it's not the least bit attractive."

"Well I prefer to get to know you better before I let you get under this dress. I don't have a private investigator so I guess we'll just have to settle for talking."

I smirked unamused, "Very funny Vanessa."

           ______________________

The car and the keys are brought to me. I help her to her seat closing the door behind her. I get in my seat and drive the speed limit. Keeping my eyes on the road and continuing to keep in control. The silence is welcomed considering I hadn't done the date thing in far too long. I didn't realize women even still held out on the first date. Besides whenever she speaks we seem to argue. The rest of the time that we sat in the restaurant; her attempting to get to know me only left us sparring.

She asked something. I replied. Then it lead to a spat. I don't like the way she speaks to me. But still I want her clothes on the floor. Her naked body on my bed and my hands in the mess she calls hair.

"Are you okay? You've been offaly quiet." She asks.

"Suddenly concerned are we?"

"Are you always an ass?" She turns her attention to the window and doesn't say another word. I annoy her it's been clear all night. I don't know why. I say what comes to my head and I'm impulsive with her. My speech is always defensive and I've been doing it all evening.

"I think I like the reactions you give me."

"That's weird."

"You're one to talk."

She sighs heavily and I am forced to apologize. "My apologies. It's....I didn't mean that." I grip tighter on the wheel. I pull into her drive way and I get out just as fast as she does. She gets to her door and all she does is nod her head. There goes the sex.

"Goodnight Vanessa."

"Goodnight Damien."

Instead of going home I reside to my office. I loosen my tie. I roll up my sleeves and begin to look through the plans and blueprints on my desk. My door opens and in comes Ms. Fields. Her black hair falling loose from her bun. Her blouse has a few buttons undone and she isn't in her shoes.

"You're here late Ms. Fields."

She looks down at her toes before looking back at me. She nods, "Yes sir, I just wanted to finish a few things before I head home."

"Do you have someone you have to get home to?"

"Derek Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy sir."

"I see."

She walks in further, "It's a television show. He's not really....I'm single, sir."

"Okay Ms. Fields." I stand behind my desk. "What do you suppose I do about that Ms. Fields? You've told me that with some sort of expectations did you not?"

She says nothing and I walk closer to her I breathe her in but say nothing for a moment as I imagine bending her over my desk.

I clear my throat, "Go home." I grab my things and do exactly as I told her. I go home before I find a lawsuit on my hands.

_____________________

My morning is as it usually is. I have my morning sex and my morning shower. I have my breakfast of eggs, bacon, orange juice. I drive to work and I get to my office. Today, I had meetings. I visited some of my hotels and made it back in time for my last meeting of the day. I've done all this and it is just around four. I'm starving and I haven't had lunch yet.

Walking out of my office for my lunch break. I see Ms. Fields staring at someone. I walk further out the room to see Vanessa Young seated. Her finger gripping a pen and her teeth biting down on her lip. Looking cute as she sits there.

"Are you trying to make an appointment?"

"Yes. Except I don't quite qualify for a meeting. I really came here to talk to you. You might think I'm some sort of prude and I can be I wasn't always but I am now. Okay. Um. Look about last night. I can be very tight when it comes to---"

"Get to the point Vanessa." She scolds me and I add, "Please."

"I'd really like to have sex with you. I mean if you still want to." She looks at Ms. Fields and says, "We're all adults here. No reason to be shy about it."

"I'm famished. But how about you accompany me for lunch and then maybe we can talk about that?"

"Lunch? It's almost dinner time."

This time it's my turn to scold her, "Are you up for lunch or not Vanessa."

"Uhh yes yes I am."