Nine

She lies here beside me scarfing down the morning after pill, though it's still the same day. Neither of us are speaking. She doesn't seem like she's hurt but I'm wondering if she is. I tried to tell her in that little stretch of time. But I don't think she could comprehend the magnitude of my situation when she was already hot and beginning to be bothered.

I'm not going to ask, though I probably should. I don't think that I want to know, though I probably should.

"That was fun." She finally says as she pulls the sheet to cover some of her exposing nipple.

"You should probably leave now."

"No, I probably shouldn't. I'm going to shower and then I'll eat something and then leave. This was a date I'm not a slut you picked up in the bar."

"No but our date was practically at a bar therefore---"

"Shut up." She laughs a little. "We should talk about this I mean. We have had sex twice and don't know anything about each other."

"My name is Damien Morse. I live here...I own a multi million dollar hotel company. I'm wealth success and brains. What more is there to know?"

"Maybe your middle name if you have one? Or your favorite foods to eat. Or what makes you so snarky and rude. Or maybe how you've gotten to be so good in bed."

"Maybe save that for a later date. I'll let you shower first."

"Why, thank you."

"I'm a gentleman that way."

She laughs, "Oh please!"

I smile as I put a pair of pants on and go off into my study. Reaching my office I take a breather. She's making me smile and she's funny and she's making me feel things. I haven't felt since middle school.

I just need to control the situation.

Control.

Control.

Control.

I pick up my phone and I have twelve missed calls from Samantha Fields. I sigh before picking up the phone and calling her back.

"Hello sir."

"Fields, what is it?"

"Sir, a man by the name of Edward is here looking to schedule a meeting with you. He says its an urgent matter."

"Edward what?"

"Edward Lahey sir."

"Tell him I don't do spur of the moment appointments. Tell him to schedule something for tomorrow. You let me know when. And I told you not to call unless it was an emergency."

"Yes sir, of course, but it was urgent your mother was here. Requesting to see you."

"Damn it. Did she say she would come back tomorrow?"

"No sir."

That means she's coming here. Damn it that woman. I've got to get rid of Vanessa. I pace back into the room. I ring Marisa requesting that should anyone come tell them I am showering. If it was my mother to keep her from snooping.

"Vanessa where are you?"

"The bathroom."

I walk into the bathroom and she is just about to get in the shower.

"You have to go."

"What?"

"You have to go now. So you will be taking your shower at home. Thank you for taking me to that place you call a restaurant. Thank you for the sex your services are no longer needed."