Twenty Three

*Marisa's POV*

I pick up Mr. Damien's dry cleaning before coming home. I place them on the rack before going into the kitchen to greet Gusto. Gusto has worked for Mr. Damien for longer than I have, but if I'm being technical I have worked for him the longest. I have seen him as a kid. When I quit my job working for his mother it was the most liberating thing I could have ever done. I wished I could take him with me but unfortunately I couldn't. Not that my life was any better for him.

After quitting my job my husband and I had it hard. I was the only one getting paid enough money for our home. I was the only one with steady income. With me working he was forced to stay home with our children. After quitting we had nothing. But I later found a job in the maid service in the upper class. I was told how to speak to them, only calling them by Mr. Mrs. Miss, or Ms. As well as sir. I was told how to speak with them and how to handle their belongings.

That was until I shouted at Mrs. Vladimir for sleeping with her husband's best friend and colleague in his bed. Of course I wouldn't normally do that but her husband was a good man. He didn't deserve that, after everything he did for that woman I couldn't stay quiet.

Which got me fired and left looking for someone to care for. Mr. Damien was looking for a maid service and I was sent to work for him. When I seen him I cried. I hadn't seen him since he was a little boy. By then he was all grown up with facial hair and muscles.

When I was welcomed into his home to are for him. He was not in a good state. He had women coming in dress promiscuously and they were always crying when they left. He didn't talk much and he didn't eat much either. He worked often he was always in his study. He was on and off with going to his therapists. Which was no good considering he was told to take antidepressants.

I didn't know how bad it was until I seen him sitting on the ledge of his study. He was drinking vodka from the bottle swaying. He was unsteady and out of his mind.

"Damien!" I screamed.

"Oh Marisa, wouldn't it be you who is to see me in my last moments."

"Damien, please come back inside." He poured some of the vodka out and I watched hoping he wouldn't move so much.

I hit the security team name in the contact list of my phone. "Damien please don't kill yourself."

"But I need to. I've already said goodbye to the people that matter."

Unsure of how to keep him talking I asked, "Who did you tell?"

"I told Mitch and Rosie."

"Damien please." The security team were upstairs in the room suddenly.

"It's okay we've got some men down there." He whispered to me. He walked over to our boss, "Damien, sir. Think I could have some of that vodka." As he got closer he began to inch.

"You are working Tyler you shouldn't be drinking." Inch.

"I could say the same to you." He inched some more.

"I'm not working..." Damien looked out to the sky and back to us then to his drink in hand. "I'm saying goo-" That's when Tyler grabbed him. I had to tell Rosie and Mitch and they stayed fro months after that had happened. But he didn't do much except stay in his room all day.

I still think of that whenever I see his window in the study is open. I thought of it more when he was started up the antidepressants again.

"Marisa....will you put this damn cuff link on I've been at it for too long."

"Sir, I believe your hands are still a tad bit greased."

"Whatever the case, will you?" He says stretching out his arm and handing me the link.