[6]

Dedicated to CherylTanXY

"What's that? " I ask Kules, frowning at the school bell ring reverberating around the forest.

"It's your cue for leaving, " Kules says, frowning sadly.

"Huh? How do I get out of here? " I ask, too frowning, but from confusion.

"You don't. " Those are Kules last few words as they slowly fade away.

I wake with a start. I turn and realise that I'm still beside the dustbin and shivering.

Has school begun yet? I think so.

I better go to school now.

RIAM'S P.O.V

I tie my shoes slowly, taking my time.

I have to go to school today. I trudge slowly to school, not
wanting to see her.

Sorry, Janice. Sorry Janice. I am so sorry.

I still love her. I still do. When I see her I just feel like wrapping my arms around her and kissing her cheek. Then she would smile at me, and would put her head on my chest. She used to. Used to.

I see her head poke out from the crowds, catching my attention. I try to get to her, but when she sees me, she turns, bends her head, and walks off. She tries to look strong when she walks out, but at the end of my line of vision, she wipes the back of her hand across her eyes.

I'm so sorry. I wish you knew I love you. I really love you.

Unable to support my own grief, I bend over and sit on the floor, on the verge of tears.

Men don't cry. That's what everyone says.

Well, I will make my own saying.

Men don't cry. Insensitive, insensible men don't cry.

Real men cry. For the right reasons.

Tears start to pool in my eyes and I walk away. Oh, I wish you knew. I wish you knew.

JANICE'S P.O.V

I saw him in school. I saw him. Today.

I look around. Crowds surround me, bridging me with the current to our classes.

Red, white, yellow, blue, black... All the colors of everyone's clothes mix in my eyes, but I'm looking for one particular color...

Red and white. Riam wears that. I see it, and he is standing at a pillar. And he is...

I gasp a little. He is staring straight at me. Sadness fills his whole eyes, and his shoulders are hunched, like a scolded dog.

My vision turns blurry as tears fill my eyes. My heart breaks, falling to pieces. I have to look strong. I have to.

So I turn and walk out of there, but when I think I can't be seen by him anymore, I wipe the back of my hand across my eyes.

I stifle a cry by covering my mouth with my hand.

Does he still love me?

I love Riam. I do. Does he?

No Janice. He just pities you. Pathetic little girl. That's all he thinks you are. I go to the bathroom and cry, to cry my heart out. He hates me.

Why do I still need to live? What's left for me now?

I don't know. Nothing.

Nothing's left for me now.