[16]

RIAM'S POV

Stupid John.

What a d*ck. He dared to go near my cupcake and-

Wait, what?

He... dared to ask her out to prom. I balled my hands into fists, angry with him, and angry with Janice, and angry with myself.

I picture Janice and him dancing together, she holding his hand and his other hand at her waist, both of them swaying gently to the music.

No. NO! I cannot let her do that with him.

I cannot. No. Aargh! I cannot take this anymore! I need to escape!

All I saw was red. I COULDNT let her do that. Blood flowed through my veins, my temples thudding.

Was it normal to feel this way?

"You look pale, my sweet." The ugly girl says to me. Yes, the date that my mom asked me to go on a date with.

She drawls on the word 'sweet' and I grimace, thinking that she sounded like a witch. She pouted at me, and other guys night find it cute, or hot, but to me it was just a slob of lip gloss protruding out at me.

Too bad, ugly duckling. My heart's beating for another person already. And I need to get her back.

But she stands up and pushes me to the wall.

Stupid! Get away! I push her away, but she insists.

"GO AWAY!" I shout at her, and she flinches, but doesnt go away.

Then she closes the gap between us, anger consuming my whole body.

JANICE'S POV

I turn the corner, holding John's arm, looking like two spies dressed weirdly. People stare at us, but we ignore them.

Then I gasp, staggering into the chest of John.

"No... no..." I whisper, eyeing Riam's date kiss him.

My eyes turn watery, and before I knew it, I was on the floor, crying and sobbing, until Riam pulled away from the kiss, his eyes unclear, as tears clouded my vision, and I could make out his figure running towards me, shouting my name.

But I didnt pay attention.

"J-John, c-carry m-me and b-bring me h-home." I stuttered, trying to stand, trying to wipe tears off my face.

He nodded, immediately sweeping me into his arms and carrying me to his car.

When we reach his car, I stammer," T-thank you."

He nodded, knowing that I needed to think, and he kept quiet for the rest of the journey to my house.

As I was about to enter my house, he talked.

"Janice," He called.

"Yea-"

As I turned, I was engulfed in a gigantic bear hug from him.

I patted his back awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Sorry for what? Before I could ask, he had gotten back into his car and driven off.