[8]

A/N heyguys I'm sorry if this chapter's awful because I'm rushing coz dinner is coming soon.

Chapter 8

JANICE'S P.O.V

I wake up smiling at the memory of Kules' face when he thought about bullying.

Then the smile slowly disappears as I remember that I might not be able to dream of him anymore.

I smell the cold air-conditioned air-wait, what?

Oh ya. I'm in the childcare centre or something like that.

I take in a deep breath and slowly let it out. What time is it?

I look at the glow in the dark clock and realise it is 5:30 am.

I can either:
1) Continue sleeping
2) Find out what the heck this place is before everyone wakes up.

I yawn and stretch my arms around. The temptations to sleep is strong, pulling me towards the bed, but I widen my eyes and force myself out of bed.

I stumble and almost fall asleep again. Goodness, keeping awake at 5:30 am is hard.

I stumble about in the darkness, my hand skimming the smooth white wall till it ends.

I feel the doorknob in my hand.

Should I turn it?

The doorknob is bronze in colour, shining as the moonlight hits it perfectly.

I swallow. The teacher on duty is sleeping, so she wouldn't know I'd left the place.

I take a deep breath. Conscience battles for it's rights and wants to succeed, but the temptation and the curiosity is stronger.

I swallow again, and slowly turn the doorknob.

I take a peek outside. The concourse is unusually quiet, the moonlight slipping over it like a cloak. The distant cricket sounds can be heard. I look back at the sleeping lady-in-charge and see that she is still happily snoring away.

School doesn't start till 8.00 am, so I guess I can walk in the school for a while.

My heart pounds hard through my rib cage, so loud that I am surprised that the lady didn't wake up because of it.

I silently slip out, my heart beating like crazy and sweating lining my palms. My breaths are uneven, getting faster and faster.

I swallow and chew on my lip as I close the door as silently as possible.

I cringe at the sound it makes when it closed completely. I immediately stop, leaning forward to hear if the woman had woken up or not.

She snores again, loudly, and I sigh a huge breath in relief mentally. I stay there for a few more minutes to make sure she really wasn't awake before quietly and quickly slipping away. My pulse is thundering crazily and I feel nervous, bracing myself for a shout that would make me go back to the place I was a few minutes ago.

But it doesn't come.

I feel relieved, because I should be relieved, but also a bit scared.

What would happen to me out there?

It is just a school. What could happen out there?
Nothing. Nothing would happen.

I peer into the darkness -the eerily silent night. I see the concourse again, this time nearer towards me.

I anxiously lick my lips and gulp. Then I tiptoe to the nearest pillar. I hide behind it the moment I get near it, making me feel like a stupid ninja.