Chapter 1 - The Tide

Austin's POV

A beautiful hot morning here at Los Angeles. What could be better than spending some quality time with the boys? We are here at our place, lying on the sofa and the floor. On our phones. Tweeting some fans.

"Nate, why are you smiling that wide again?" I said as I notice him smile like an idiot in front of his phone.

His smile grew. "Because Reg said she's nearly landing the airport which means we will be seeing each other again after 11 months."

Levi chuckled. "Guess who's going to pick her up?"

"Nate himself of course." Drew said and high fived Levi.

Nate shook his head. "Not me. All of us. I want to surprise her because I told her I'm the one who's getting her. Also, I have one more surprise, the BYE lads are coming here in an hour."

"What a sweet boyfriend." I said smiling then he laughed.

"We aren't together yet. I'm still courting her. She just finished Junior High and I really want her to finish till college." He crinkled his nose. "Let's go. Traffic will be coming if we don't get on the streets."

We all laughed. "Sure thing Nathan. You're really excited to see you're future girlfriend." Drew said a bit sarcastic and laughed.

He glared at Drew. "My name is Nate. Not Nathan."

"You're name is actually Kyle." I said.

"Yeah but none of you call me Nathan." He said.

"Sure thing Nathaniel but when Reg calls you Nathan it's okay, when we call you Nathan you always give us a mean look. Where's the justice in that?" Levi said and we all laughed.

"Nevermind about that. Let's go." He said and got up first.

We laughed then got up from where we are sitting. We headed outside and saw the group of rebellious students pass by us. Those rebels live in the next street but they are always into trouble and wonder around America. They are mostly colleges from 17-19 years of age from different schools.

One girl caught my eye. She has purple hair, dark clothes and in leather boots. She also looked at me and we stared for like a second then she looked away. I stared at the group as they disappeared into a corner.

"Austin!" Levi's voice broke me from my thoughts. I looked at him. "We are going to be caught in traffic, we're leaving if you don't get in here in ten seconds! Ten!" He said and I jogged towards the car.

We headed towards the airport and my mind keeps on wondering about those rebels and that girl with purple hair. What is up with her and I can't seem to forget her out of my mind. Something about that girl made me feel strange and weird inside.

"We're here!" We heard Nate cheered in excitement. "She said she's almost outside." He said and immediately opened the car door. He stepped out and quickly went to the area where we can see Reg coming out.

We chuckled at him. Excited to see her after almost a year. I sure miss her too and so does Drew and Levi. She's so much fun to be around. I love it when she teaches us Tagalog phrases, sentences, words and we have so much similarities with her; guitars, bands, drums, music, skateboarding, photographies, travelling, Pokémon, Twitter, Insta, Spongebob, Family Guy and adventures.

We all saw her coming out. She dyed her hair which is sick. It's sort of blueish redish blondish greenish and blackish. I think she can't see us but we can see her thanks to her hair. She approached us surprised at our presence.

"Nathaniel Abraham Parker! You're a cheater! You didn't tell me they are coming along." She said trying to sound angry but ends up smiling.

Nate laughed. "Surprise!" He said and we group hugged.

"We love your hair though. It's awesome." Drew said and we laughed.

We all got in the car and headed back to our place. Our drive back is noisier. We're trying our best to speak in Tagalog sentence and simple phrases she taught us from the previous months during Skype calls and Facetime. We struggle a little with the few sentences and turns out like a tounge twister for us.

As we got out of our car, I saw the group of rebels standing not to far where we are. They're chatting and laughing as what I see. That purple haired girl once again looked in my direction and we stared then she looked away. Something about that girl gives me fireworks in the stomach.

"Austin?" Drew's voice this time disturbed me from my thoughts.

"You've been staring at the group for a while now. Nate, Reg and Levi are already inside. They're planning on playing Pokémon as Levi requested."

I looked at the rebellious students then back at him. "Sorry mate, I was just thinking."

He too looked at the group. "It's the first time those rebels come here at our street. And there must be a reason why. I'm positive that it's not going to be good. They're here for trouble. Let's go in." He said and headed towards the door.

I looked at the group again then went inside our place. There's something about that purple haired girl that has something to do with my feelings.

- - -