Chapter 16 - Words

Toby's POV

"Austin!" We all called out.

No response.

"Austin!" We called again.

Still no response.

"They must be at the top of this canyon. We better hurry before anything bad happens to him." I said and panicked a little.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this." Reg said and we climbed upwards.

We can see him. "Austin!" We all said but stopped when we saw he is not alone. Not literally alone because we know he is with Rebelle but Rebelle's friends are with them.

"Get her." Rebelle said and we all know who she is talking about.

Her friends got Reg from behind us and we didn't know it. We didn't expect this to happen.

"Let her go!" Natr said then one of her friends pointed a gun at Reg that made us silent.

"One more step and Lyn pulls the trigger." Rebelle said with a smirk.

"Out of all the people, why does it have to be Reg! My best friend! She never did anything to you! It's my fault why I'm in this situation! Why don't you do that to me instead!" Austin said furious.

She laughed. "How cliché Austin." She said then shook her head. "You know, it's true she never did anything wrong but she is one of the reasons why all of you are happy right? She cheers you all up like she's an angel sent from heaven. An angel sent to make you all happy. It disgusted me the way she's being the good girl around here." She said then sighed. "Anyways, the main reason is because she's one of the reason why you all have that smile plastered on your faces. I hate seeing guys smile whenever a girl makes her happy." She said then rolled her eyes then scoffed. "It's pathetic. All guys always hurts a girl's feelings in the end after they're done playing with their feelings."

We glared at her. Austin scoffed. "Well, look who's talking now." He rolled his eyes at him. "You're the one being the heart breaker around here! You're the one who has played with my feelings! All I did was show you what I truly felt! You never gave me back any of what I showed you! I had hope that I can change you, but I can't! Because this is who you really are Rebelle! That's why I have no doubt that you'll do something to make me miserable today!" Austin said his voice higher. "And not just me, you also did the same thing to Toby!"

Rebelle rolled her eyes at Austin. "Fine. Keep on blabbering everything I did wrong so I can proceed to shooting your friend here!" She smirked and closed her hands over her chest. "Go on! Keep talking Austin!"

Austin's hands formed into fists and was about to take a step when I stopped him by placing my hand on one of his hands.

"So that's Austin's consequence after three days? To see him suffer and down because his best friend got shot by a gun? Is that what you really want? To make all of us miserable before our concert and their home coming?" I asked sternly.

She rolled her eyes on me. "I don't need your fucking opinion McDonough!" She said then Connor reacted.

"Hey! We're three brothers here!"

"Learn to know who you call out of the three of us! We all have the same surname duh." Riley said and rolled his eyes.

She glared at my brothers and I. "Shut the fuck up you two! I don't need your opinion here too! And I don't fucking care!" She said obviously pissed off at us three.

"Way to go Ri." My Kuya Connor said and fist bumped Kuya Riley.

She glared at my brothers again. "I heard that!" She said.

"State the obvious. You lads did that on purpose am I right?" Drew whispered while holding back his laugh.

It was really obvious my two elder brothers did that. They're crazy. We are dealing with people with guns and we are only using words to fight them. Pity us. We have no weapon to use against them.

"Is it me or are we just making this converse longer so they won't shoot Reg?" Levi asked from behind and we all smiled at him.

"How come they," He said and pointed out those rebels. "Haven't picked up what we are doing just now. I think Reg already got the idea because she isn't feeling tensed up anymore."

"You're right. She isn't tensed up. Maybe there really is a way to not fight them. Let us shoot them with words. Try to insult them and maybe they'll let go of her and join in our fight so she can sneek past them to us." I said and they all agreed. "Let's just hope it works."

Words are powerful weapons.

- - -