Chapter 5 - Warning

Austin's POV

Wow. I can't believe I had a talk with her. I'm so starstrucked I talked a lot. She's more prettier up close. And to think of it, she was very kind unlike what Connor and Riley told us. I don't think the way they described her matched from the way I talked with her. It's the other way around.

But still, I wish we talked a little longer though. Well, it's fine with me since we are gonna hang-out at Starbucks tomorrow and I'm so excited. But I need to make up an excuse to see her tomorrow because I am sure the lads won't let me meet her.

"Austin?" Reg's voice startled me from my thoughts. I nearly forgot we are still here at Chipotle eating.

"Yes?" I said a bit surprised. I barely touched my food.

She giggled. "You've been day dreaming. What's up with it?"

I bit my lip. "Uh......."

"Is it about the talk you and Rebelle had? Me and Reg saw you talking to her two hours ago." Nate suddenly said and all eyes were on me. I nod nervously because I know they told me to stay away or avoid those rebels.

Levi sighed. "Austin, you have to control yourself from falling for her. Remember what Connor and Riley said?"

I too sighed. "I know."

"Austin," Toby said and I looked at him. "I know how you feel bro. I know we can't stop someone from falling in love. But I'm afraid you have to stop falling for her. Believe me. She'll just play with your feelings so you'll think she feels the same way for you. I don't want you to end up like me. Broken. Upset. And regretting that you've fallen for her." Toby warned.

They all nod. "She's not like Reg here. She's the exact opposite of her. We're giving you a warning now because we don't want you to experience what Toby had." Connor said and I hesitate on nodding.

"Anyways, bro, you have to control yourself. We can't control you so you're the only one who can do it." Drew pointed out.

"Austin, what did you both talk about a while ago?" Reg said and I sucked in a breath.

"Uh...... We- uh...... Talked about meeting each other tomorrow at Starbucks because she wants to know more about our band and me." I nervously said.

"The band?!" Toby said surprised. "Is she serious? She doesn't even have any interest in bands. She's not really interested when I told her about our band. She got bored of me while talking everything about Before You Exit."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "But she seems interested about getting to know our band."

He shook his head. "No she doesn't. Don't you see? She's lying to you. She is pretending to have interest in bands. She'll just play with your feelings too." He said and I remained quiet.

"Bro. Please. Don't see her tomorrow if that's only gonna happen after. We don't want you to experience it too." Levi said but I'm still not saying anything.

My heart. Or my brain. Both are very important. If I follow my heart, I don't know if I'll end up being broken or upset with her. But if I chose my brain, I already know what'll happen, I might become sad since my heart leaps out for her. I need someone to help me make the right choice.

"Nate? Can I talk to you in private?" I finally spoke up and he nod.

We both sat up and went in a corner. "What's up bro?" He asked.

"How did you know that Reg is the right girl for you? I mean you both just met then you already fell for her on the first day, took her on a date on the second, how did you feel?" I asked and he chuckled.

He looked at Reg smiling. "I guess my experience was love at first sight. I have the strong urge to take her out on a date. During that time, I got to know her a lot. She's adventurous, really kind, intelligent, a good adviser and a true friend to anyone. I knew she was the one during our date. I felt like my whole world lights up the way her eyes smile along with her lips. Her laugh is adorable. I feel so complete when I'm with her. I learn a lot from her. She brings out the best in me." He said then looked at me smiling.

"Do you think I should give Rebelle a go?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I honestly don't know bro, sorry. But take this advise: Do what your heart speaks but never forget what your brains says. Never let what your heart speaks control you, sometimes it gets out of hand and leads you to do wrong things. You'll need the both of it to make the right choice."

I chuckled. "Deep thoughts with Nate. Thank you bro. I knew you were the right person I needed."

"No problem bro. Take my advise and try to see if there's something suspicious with her actions. Take a look at every detail and see if it answers any other lingering questions in your head. Actions speak louder than words."

- - -