Chapter 19 - Memories

Austin's POV

"I can't believe I set her free...." Nate said looking down at his hands as tears flow down from his eyes.

"We know it's hard bro, but you have to endure the pain." Levi, who is on Nate's right side, said while he keeps on rubbing circles on his back to comfort him.

"It's still the right thing to do bro. You have a girlfriend. She'll eventually find the right guy for her." I said and he just continued to sob quietly.

"Hey Austin," Drew said and I quickly turned my attention to his. "What happened with you and Rebelle back at the canyon? Did the questions lingering on your head got answered? Sorry for bringing it up."

I smiled weakly to assure him and nod. "All the questions really did got answered. She's a heartbreaker girl. She doesn't take relationships seriously. The meaning of love is like a toy to her. She's doing it because it happened to her before. It's like a revenge, she did this to several other guys here in America including me and Toby. She hates girls that can make a guy happy like Reg." I said a bit disappionted.

"So that explains why she has intentions on Reg too. In my opinion, I think Rebelle is just jealous of girls like her. You know, since she was taken for granted by her ex and she's doing this to guys to experience what she had beenvthrough." Drew said that made me nod.

"Yeah...." I sighed. "I really thought that I can change her to be the opposite of what she is. I believe she's still good."

"Everyone of us have goodness inside. Some just don't want to show it because they think it's humiliating and weak." Levi suddenly said out of nowhere.

I agree with him tho. He has a point.

I'm leaning against the wall and facing the boys. Nate is still sobbing, Levi is still comforting him, Drew is tweeting and I don't know why I'm not doing anything. Rebelle is still on my mind at the moment.

Not all stories have happy endings. That's what I learnt from this story, our story. Like what happened to me and Rebelle, she doesn't want to change how she is.

I sighed.

We'll be going home in 2 days and I don't know where Reg is gonna stay because I'm positive she isn't going with Nate and Drew to Ohio.

I looked at my phone.

11:00 PM

One hour till tomorrow. I wish to talk to rebel one last time before we go home. I want to see her and talk to her for the last time.

Riley came out of the door and we looked at him. He's motioning us to go inside so we followed him.

Nate wiped the tears from his eyes before going in. He wants to stay strong on the outside for Reg.

We came in and saw Reg is already lying down but still not sleeping. She's on her phone. Toby and Connor are passed out on the chairs. She diverted her view to us and smiled reassuringly.

We went by her side.

"Sorry again Reg." I said and held her hand. She nodded and smiled weakly.

"Don't apologize. It's okay now. The doctor said that I'm ready to be discharged tomorrow morning. So we can celebrate all day tomorrow before you boys go home."

Me and Drew looked at each other then back at her. "Where are you planning to stay?" Drew asked.

She thought for a while. "Hmmm...... I haven't thought about it. Maybe I'll think about it tomorrow."

We all nod. "You're right, you should rest now. It's late. We had a long day and we all deserve some beauty sleep." I said.

"Boys we can use these blankets for us to sleep on the floor. Is it okay ?" Riley said holding a bunch of blankets and a few pillows.

We all looked at each other and nod. We setted up and laid on the floor while Reg watch us all get ready.

"Can we lock the room?" Levi asked.

"Nope. We can't because the nurse checks me every 2 hours." Reg said and laughed a little.

"I want to take off my top. It's so hot." Levi said then took of his shirt and placed it on him.

"I'll have no doubt if the nurse ever gets interested in you." Drew said and laughed.

"I'm not gonna let her. This is only for Drew." Levi said and cuddled up to Drew.

Typical Drevi. I laughed at the two. Nate hasn't been talking lately tho. He's so quiet.

"Good night!" We all said.

A few minutes passed and I still can't sleep. Dang. I opened my eyes a little and saw Nate taking off his hoodie revealing a shirt under. Typical Nate.

I saw him get up and placed his hoodie over Reg. His love for her is pure but he needs to eventually move on. I didn't mind him since this will be our last days before going home. I also heard him mumble something to her but I couldn't understand it clearly.

- - -