Chapter 24 - Hang Over

Austin's POV

I don't know if it's my tiredness or the large amount of beer we drank because of playing beer pong for like 3 hours straight is the reason why my head hurts so bad.

I looked at my phone. It's 11:48 in the evening. I scratched my head, get up and completely opened my eyes.

Wow.

All of us passed out on the living room. We definitely trashed it. Cups, bottles, wrappers, papers and some food are scattered everywhere. Drew is on one of the couch, Levi lying on top of the pingpong table, Riley on the rug with his face facing the floor, Toby's upper part on the coffee table and his lower half is on the floor, Connor's near the window sitting up and here I am at the kitchen door frame, my upper half on the kitchen and my lower half on the living room.

What happened to not drinking too much? Well, we never follow that anyway whenever we drink, unless we have a show or interview like that on the next day. Besides, it was such fun! Though I can't quite remember who won the game a few hours ago. My head is like spinning like a top and I feel really really dizzy.

I lazily get up from my position and nearly bumping my head on the wall. What the hell I'm so drunk. I walked a few steps and I feel like I'm gonna trip any moment and break something.

"Austin!" I heard Reg's voice and looked up at the stairs. She's standing there and completely looks surprised at me.

"Hey!" I said and tried to climb up nearly tripping myself on the first three steps.

She giggled. "Stupid, I'll just go down there. Don't tempt to climb up like that or you'll fall." She said and accompanied me till I get my balance. She led to the kitchen where I sat at a chair trying to fight back my hang over.

"Here, have some water and banana to lessen that." She said. I ate the banana and drank the full glass then placed it on the table.

"You're a life saver." I said and she smiled back in response.

"Is everything okay between you and Nate now?"

It took a while before she responded because she was staring out of nowhere.

She sighed. "Well, we ended us and I don't think we're talking for a while." She said and looked at her hands on the table.

I placed my hand over hers and gave it a light squeeze. "I know it's not gonna be that easy but we have your back. We were expecting that this day would happen and don't worry, everything will be alright."

She smiled weakly and looked up at me. She's still hurt from the looks of her eyes.

"Wanna go out for an early morning stroll?"

She chuckled. "At nearly 12 in the morning?"

I shrugged. "Why not?"

She laughed a little. "Okay but I'll get a hoodie first. It's a chilly night out." She said then went straight up the stairs to me and Nate's room.

She went down and I'm surprised at the sight of the hoodie. "That's Nate's right?"

She nodded. "He gave it to me earlier and told me I should keep this. He said this is one of his faves."

I nodded and we went strolling around the street. It's also good to take my mind off of things about what happened three days ago. They were definitely three perfect days but it all has to end somehow.

Life is indeed a mystery. We can fall for a person anytime but destiny says that you're not meant to be and that there is someone out there waiting for you. You just haven't meet him/her.

"Something tells me that Austin is having 1AM thoughts." Reg says as she sits right beside me on the grass.

I chuckled at what she said. "Times like this, I am feeling quite better after the whole shenanigan I made for the past three days."

"Falling in love is easy but staying in love is hard. Especially when your partner doesn't give the right amount of love back." Then she giggled.

I smiled at her. "Where do you even learn that? You're only 16 and you give us life and love advices like what the hell? We should be doing that to you." I said then laughed.

She shrugged. "It just keeps coming out of my mind and my mouth. I don't really know where I get it."

"We're going to miss you a lot." I said and she smiled. "Where in America are you going anyway since we know that you are definitely not going to Nate's place."

"I've been thinking about visiting my aunt and uncle on Denver then go to Florida to meet up with the McDonough brothers. I don't know if you four by any chance are going to Florida so we can meet."

"We'll see what lies ahead." I said then looked at my phone. It's almost 3AM. "We'll go back to our flat when the sun rises, is that okay?"

She nodded and laid on the grass. "Can we go to the beach? I wanna see the sunrise from there."

"As you wish."

We got up and walked our way to the beach. As we got there, I saw familiar looking figures hanging out on the beach.

We stopped on track. "Is everything okay Austin?"

- - -