1

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

1
(Picture is Coral)

Gun shots from outside my window made me jump, spilling some of my tea.

Usually they didn't startle me as I was so used to them, but every now and again the deafening bangs would catch me off guard.

I used an old napkin to wipe the hot beverage off my now scalded fingers and switched off the kitchen light. I didn't want to peek behind the curtains to see if it had been anything fatal, I didn't have the stomach for that tonight.

Walking into the cramped living room, I sat with my knees drawn up in my tattered sofa I had bought second-hand a few years back when I'd got the place. The one-bedroom apartment had suffocating damp in the tiny bathroom and flaking white paint on the ceiling as well as on most of the window panes. I'd gotten it when I was sixteen and had been renting the place out for the past two years. Even with the poor condition it was in, it took nearly all the money I made from my part-time job to keep up with payments.

I sipped on my hot milky tea and let my mind drift away from those self-pitying thoughts and out of the room. I wondered who had fired the shots I'd heard outside, one of the Santiagos or one of the Simpsons. The family names belonged to the two rival gangs who played dominant roles in this part of the city I lived, both seeming to consist of only males. I knew that the Santiagos were Venezuelan and had lived here for most of my life, and the Simpsons were English having grown up in London like I had. I didn't know the details of their upbringings but it was general knowledge that they were both deeply involved with crime, from an early age.

I didn't see any of them often, but when I did I made sure it was just a brief encounter. They could stare me down and make me feel intimidated even without trying. It wouldn't be hard; I was quite a timid character around people I didn't know, especially males. That's just the way it was, and I was sure it had quite a lot to do with my upbringing.

By the time my mind was back in the room, my drink had cooled down considerably so I drank it in gulps before heading to bed. As I slipped between my sheets, I hoped hard I wouldn't have any bad dreams of my past which would always creep up on me when I was most vulnerable. I said a little prayer to a God that never seemed to hear me and let my eyes close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short start but I'm just setting the scene!

Let me know what you think, and the next chapter will be up soon :)

I've decided to have Coral now played by (blonde) Emma Watson!

J

X