31

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

31

(Picture is Eli)

"So you and Eli have a date?" I asked Hayley with wide eyes.

She grinned back at me in excitement nodding her head up and down frantically. We were in Textiles class sitting at the table, pretending to sketch up new designs for our next projects.

"I'm really starting to like him Coral," she said, biting the end of her pencil as she grinned.

"Starting to?" I raised my brows. "You kissed him like crazy in front of everyone that night!"

"I was a bit drunk," she tried to duck her head.

"Drunk in love, you mean," I corrected. "So what are you going to wear?"

Hayley and I spent the rest of the lesson talking about choices of clothing and sounding like complete girly girls. Apparently even Hayley's other friends couldn't believe she and Eli Simpson were sort of together. They had even asked Hayley to invite me to their next outing so that they could get to know me and hopefully some more of the Simpsons.

In the end, Hayley decided that she'd wear a black cocktail dress she had worn to prom at the end of secondary school. Something sweet, but simple. I wondered what Eli would wear, I hadn't really seen him in anything other than jeans, t-shirts, hoodies and leather jackets. Hayley said whatever it was, it would be a nice surprise.

When school ended, I knew Hayley couldn't wait to get home and start getting ready for this evening. I wished I could join her, but as it was a Monday, I had work straight after and I was dreading it. I really didn't want to see any of the Santiagos.

"I can come with you," Walter suggested after English.

"Its fine Walter," I discretely touched his hand as we walked down the packed hallway. "I won't be able to talk to you, it get's busy. You'll be bored."

"I wouldn't mind just watching," he smiled with a shrug.

He'd taken off the plaster on his face so that now his healing wound was visible to all. It looked painfully sore, but Walter was still able to smile and laugh, probably even more than before.

"Okay then," I smiled at him, threading my fingers through his.

Walter and I walked to the Dartfish together, talking about anything except Ario and the other Santiagos. We both knew it was on our minds, but neither of us wanted to sour the mood. Not that that lasted long.

I wasn't surprised to see Paulo and Carlos already sitting near a window as we walked in, drinking beer and juice. I did my best to ignore their looks and I knew Walter was scowling right at them. I dropped my gaze as I walked to the staff room behind the counter.

"I'll be right here," Walter stroked my hair and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead before he sat at the bar.

"Alright," I said.

Walter squeezed my hand warmly and I smiled back before heading into the back to change.

Ario never showed up during my shift, as I knew he wouldn't, and I had mixed emotions about it. I was partly relieved that I wouldn't have to face him, but also I angry at him for how he destroyed my home, and then there was also the guilt about him finding out that I had been using him.