26

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

26

(Picture is Carlos)

Carlos was sitting behind a black desk, wearing a shirt that was unbuttoned to midway down his chest. He raised his thick eyebrows when he saw me and I looked down at the floor.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd be busy, so I came to make introductions. This is my friend Coral," Ario said, nudging me so that I would look up.

"Hi Coral," Carlos smiled at me and I swallowed hard.

"Hello," I replied quietly, wishing I could be more confident.

"Don't be shy," Ario smiled at me.

"Easier said than done," I whispered back.

He chuckled quietly, then walked up to Carlos and said something to him in Spanish. Carlos murmured back, his eyes on me the whole time.

"Come sit down," Carlos said to me. "I would offer you a drink, but you haven't finished that can yet, have you?"

"No," I said in a dry voice, walking forwards and sitting on a chair opposite him.

"I'll see you later," Ario said, touching my shoulder as he left.

I wanted him to stay so badly but I knew I couldn't show even more weakness by asking him in front of Carlos. And besides, he needed to pee.

"Okay," I said instead.

As soon as Ario closed the door behind him, I felt my palms starting to tingle as they began to sweat. I looked up when Carlos got out of his seat and walked to a table on the other side of the office.

"I see Phoenix is getting unsettled," he said as he poured himself a glass of water, "now that he's getting little girls to do his work for him."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't even mask my shock.

I knew if I even attempted to deny being involved with the Simpsons, I would only make a fool of myself. Carlos knew.

"I'm not little," was all I could think of saying.

Carlos turned to look at me with an amused smile, "How old are you?"

"Eighteen," I answered.

"Ario's age," he murmured. "That's little."

"How old are you?" I took a sip of my drink, hoping he didn't notice my trembling hand.

"Twenty three," he walked back to his seat with his glass in hand.

"Are you going to tell Ario?" I blurted, unable to continue ignoring the pressing question that had been burning in my mind as soon as Carlos had called me out. Then something even worse dawned on me. "Or does he already know?"

Carlos took a drink, "He doesn't know and he won't find out from me, so don't worry. It will teach him a lesson, not to let a pretty face fool him."

I bowed my head although I was having very mixed emotions, "Thanks."

"You do realise he will find out eventually," Carlos arched a brow at me.

I nodded, "I know."

"Good that you know," he said. "So what does Phoenix want from me?"