11

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

11

(Picture is Severn)

It was Thursday after school and I was going home with Hayley for dinner. I'd let Walter know in advance that tutoring wasn't happening today, even though I wouldn't have minded doing both somehow. He hadn't been at school and neither had Eli, both were suspended and I'd heard it had even been a close expulsion. I was glad that hadn't happened though.

"So popcorn and ice-cream for the movie, right?" Hayley was asking me. "We have drinks at home."

"What kind of drinks?" I sent her a sidelong glance as we walked to the central shopping complex with our schoolbags over our shoulders.

"Non-alcoholic ones," she assured me. "Unless you want them."

"No," I said quickly. "I'm fine with juice."

"Juice?" she laughed. "I'm talking at least fizzy drinks. Let your hair down Coral. Why drink OJ when you have Coca-Cola?"

I allowed a laugh, "I don't like Coke, but I'll have Fanta."

She grinned at me and gave me a push as we rounded the street corner only to walk right into a cluster of boys. I accidentally bumped into someone's back and it was only when the boys turned around to scowl at us, that I recognised the younger Santiago members. The twins, who I believed were around sixteen years old, and their younger brother who was, at fifteen, the most juvenile of the Santiagos.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, gripping Hayley's sleeve and trying to walk round them on the narrow pavement.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" the one called Miguel blocked our path.

It was common knowledge that he was the twin with the scar across his chin, hard to spot, but up this close I was able to see the faint pale line against his caramel coloured skin.

A couple who had just turned the corner behind us froze when they saw the situation we were stuck in. The Santiagos looked at them and they quickly backed up and disappeared. I wish we'd been so lucky.

"My brother asked you what the rush was," Miguel's twin Manuel demanded, staring down at me with his deep brown eyes.

"We didn't see you there," Hayley tried. "W-we were just going shopping."

"Well it's very clear that you can't see well, don't you think?" Miguel gave us a menacing look.

He reached into his pocket and drew out a knife. Keeping it down low by his side he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Do I have to peel off those eyelids of yours so that you can see a little better?" he growled.

I was shaking violently and I locked my knees so that they wouldn't give out on me. Hayley's hand was as cold as ice and she gripped mine with a vice strong hold.

Manuel gave his twin a dark grin, "That's a cool idea, I haven't seen that done before."

The last Santiago who had been leaning against the wall the whole time, pushed himself off it and came up behind his brothers, putting his hands on both their shoulders.