S A N T I A G O S (1)

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

Santiagos 1

Ario

I almost crashed into the front door as I was so dizzy.

I banged on the front door, not having any keys on me. I knew at least some of the boys were inside, they'd gone home to clean up Paulo who'd been bashed up particularly bad this time.

I stumbled inside when Diego threw the front door open without warning.

"Woah man," he steadied me with a grin. "Too many hits to the head?"

"No," I grumbled. "Get off me."

Instead of letting go of my shoulders, Diego decided to punch me hard in my stomach, where I'd been cut not more than an hour ago.

I was immediately doubled over, gasping loud and clenching my eyes shut right. I'd been running and was bleeding again. A punch to the gut was not going to help with that.

"Mierda," Diego cursed. "I forgot, that bitch Walter got you didn't he? Damn, sorry."

I couldn't even stand straight let alone give him a piece of my mind. Diego always played rough.

"Que te follen," I cursed at him through gritted teeth. "Culo."

I hadn't been expecting Walter to show up out of nowhere, but it was part of his territory after all. He'd been even madder than I thought he'd be, if that was possible. Must have been in an even worse mood after the fight. God I hated that guy, even more than Carlos hated Phoenix. But even so, I knew I wouldn't have been able to have another fight with him so soon, especially when I had already been weakened.

Running had been the wisest option, but I'd paid a price too. I'd dropped my knife, and it probably wouldn't still be waiting for me by the time I managed to go back into Simpson territory to get it. I loved that knife so bad.

Diego helped me straighten up again and I elbowed him away from me. Lifting up my shirt, I checked to see if even more damage had been done and frowned when I saw a pad strapped around my stomach with rolls of bandage.

Coral.

I'd forgotten that she'd done that. Diego's eyes widened for a second before he cracked up laughing, all concern he could have possibly had for me, flown out the window in an instant.

"Hey Manuel, Miguel!" He called into the kitchen. "Come look at this."

The twins came out moments later, sporting various bruises on their faces. My brothers' eyes trailed down to my stomach and they too burst out laughing.

"What the hell Ario?" Miguel stared at me as he continued to crack up. "I'm not even gonna ask where you got that from."

"So creative," Manuel, leaned on his twin brother as the two of them pissed themselves with laughter.

I marched past them and through the living room to my room near the back of the house, downstairs.

If I was feeling myself, I would have given them a couple bruises and told them to laugh about that, but in truth, I wasn't feeling too good and I was starting to sweat.

I figured I had to rest before I came down with something, and I stripped to my boxers before getting into bed.

My sleep was fragmented and I turned over and over as I lay in bed sweating and shivering whilst I slept. I heard voices at some points, and felt coolness against my body, soothing my burning cut, cooling my forehead.

I cracked my eyes open and blinked a few times to see Carlos sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked concerned.

"¿Estás bien?" he asked me.

"No I'm not okay. My stomach hurts so bad," I grumbled into my pillow weakly. "I'm gonna kill Diego, and that stupid Simpson puta."

"Gain your strength first, you're pale as a ghost Ario. You didn't stop the bleeding before you went to sleep," Carlos pulled down my covers to show me how much of a bloody mess I'd made in my bed. "I fixed it up for you."

"Gracias." I felt the clean bandages around my stomach. "How's Paulo?"

"Paulo is okay," Carlos said, rubbing his stubble. "He's been sleeping but there's no sign of concussion, we think. Those triplets, whichever one it was, got lucky that time, next time they won't be. Manuel and Miguel will make sure of that."

"Good," I nodded grimly. "By the way Carlos, what time is it?"

"3:00 am," he replied, tiredly rubbing his eyes. "I was in the living room and you were making noise, so I came to check on you. The boys said you'd gone to bed early and I thought you were fine, that's why I didn't come before, I didn't want to wake you."

"I was making noise?" I frowned at him.

"Moaning and mumbling," Carlos said. "Mostly Spanish, you were calling for your mother. And you kept talking about coral, that's when I got worried about just how delirious you were. Muttering about seaweed and shit."

"Oh," I blinked at him. "Yeah, weird."

More like what the hell!

I didn't even know the girl, and yes I'd been thinking about her ever since I'd kissed her, but still, saying her name in my sleep? It was a teeny but much.

"I'm gonna go to sleep now," Carlos rubbed my damn hair from my sticky forehead. "Call me if you need me."

"Si," I sent him a grateful look. "Buenas noches."

As soon as Carlos was gone, my mind went back to Coral. I shouldn't have kissed her, but it was one of those moments when I'd just gone for it...without even checking if she was single first or anything.

Stupid of me. I sighed. I had to forget her.

Forget her cute smile, her sweet laugh, her warm lips, her adorable angry face,  her deep concern, and her gentle blush.

I had to forget all of it.

She didn't want to cheat on whoever she was dating or almost dating. I had to leave her alone, the last thing I wanted was for her to hate me. I'd rather just move on, than to have a guilty conscience.

Just forgetting everything was the wisest option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was just a short extra piece that I added, a little insight to the Santiagos and Ario's feelings in particular.

What did you think about it? And the Santiago gang?

J

X