39

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

39

(Picture is Carlos)

"How are you feeling Severn?" Giovanni and Gomez had their faces just inches away from their brother's.

Severn had the side of his face against his pillow and he blinked slowly, frowning at them.

"Like shit," he rasped.

The boys cheered, so happy just to hear Severn's voice again and I grinned so wide. I was thrilled. After another 3 hour surgery last night, Severn had slept through the night-time and we had returned early the next morning to see him finally awake.

"I missed you man," Landon ruffled Severn's hair ever so lightly.

Phoenix pushed all the boys away from him, "Give him room. Let him recover."

Walter smiled, standing at the foot of Severn's bed with his arm around my shoulder.

"But he only just woke up," Gomez pulled a face.

"I don't care," Phoenix said, giving Severn's back a rub. "Let him sleep."

"Get better soon you lazy shit," Eli grunted to Severn. "You sleep too much anyway."

Severn sent his brothers a weak smile, "Sleep is good."

"Enough," Phoenix said to Severn softly. "Don't talk, just rest."

"Come on guys," Landon hooked his arms around Gomez and Gio's necks playfully. "Let's leave the sleeping beauty."

"Hey," Severn called weak voice.

We laughed and then left Severn to sleep in peace.

"I'm going to see Carlos," Phoenix said to the group. "I have to thank him for what he did."

The boys nodded.

"I still didn't see that coming," Gomez said.

"Especially after his dad was killed," Landon added.

"I know," Phoenix muttered and started to leave. "Don't wake him up again."

"We won't," Gio smiled.

Phoenix half-smiled back and was about to walk away when I stopped him.

"Uh, Phoenix can I, by any chance, come with you?" I asked politely after lightly touching his back.

He turned and looked down at me with a questionable glance.

"I just...I just want to talk to Carlos too and I don't know where he's recovering, I thought I could just go with someone," I quickly added.