20

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

20

(Picture is Severn)

I lay in Walter's bed, wrapped up in his arms and listening to his heart beat as he slept. I knew it was early but I felt wide awake. I stroked the neckline of Walter's t-shirt with my fingertips and glanced at his lips as he breathed slowly. Walter woke suddenly with a jerk, making me jump too.

"Are you okay?" I murmured to him in concern.

Walter swallowed, a little short of breath, "Yeah I...I was dreaming."

"Oh," I sighed in concern, rubbing his chest through his shirt. "A nightmare?"

"Yes, it was my....my Dad," Walter ran a hand down his face and sighed deeply. "I just hope I become nothing like him. That guy was a....he was a...."

I cupped his face and made him look at me.

"Walter," I said. "I never knew your father, but I'm telling you, you're not going to be anything like him."

Walter nodded, gazing into my eyes before he pulled me into a very tight hug. Walter didn't say anything and I didn't either, I just held him like he held me and it seemed to be enough.

Hours later we woke up again and I got out first whilst Walter lay propped up in his bed watching me. I felt comfortable in the top and shorts I had been sleeping in and didn't mind Walter's gaze that followed my bare legs as I went to open the curtains. It was late November now and even though it was chilly at night, Walter's body had kept me warm.

"Do you have to do that?" Walter moaned before I'd even opened them.

"What's the problem? Are you a vampire?" I turned around and smiled at him.

"No, but – "

I threw the curtains wide and was almost blinded myself by the blanket of white I saw. Having to blink hard a few times first, I looked again and sure enough it was snow covering the whole of Walter's huge back yard.

"Walter! Walter it snowed," I span around grinning at him whilst he had his head buried in his pillow, still groaning.

"It snowed?" he lifted his head and frowned at me.

"Uh huh," I nodded excitedly, almost like a child would.

Walter groaned again, "I hate snow."

"Oh," I bit on my lip. "So you don't want to go out in it with me?"

Walter took one look at me and then sighed before he got out of bed and going to the window to see for himself. As soon as I saw his face start to form a grimace I grabbed his arm and pushed my bottom lip out.

"Please Walter? For me?" I batted my eyelids.

Walter slowly blinked at me whilst a smile crept onto his face, "Fine. Twenty minutes."

"An hour."

"What?" he exclaimed. "Coral, are you serious?"

"Very," I smirked at him.

"Thirty minutes," Walter said.

"Forty five."

The longer he looked at me the more I saw in his eyes that he was fighting a losing battle.