25

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

25

(Picture is Miguel and Manuel)

I knew something was wrong as soon as I heard the boys return.

There were a lot of loud voices and someone was groaning. I got out of my bed in a hurry and ran down the stairs to see Eli and Walter laying out a large plastic sheet on the kitchen floor and Phoenix holding up a badly beaten Severn. But it was Giovanni who was bleeding.

"Gio," Landon said, slowly walking him to a chair in the kitchen with the support of Gomez. "Sit down."

Gio was moaning in pain, scrunching his face up as he was lowered gently into the chair. His blood dripped onto the plastic sheet that was spread on the floor and Landon gently tried to peel Gio's clothes off him.

"What happened?" I whispered.

Somehow Walter sensed my presence and he turned to face me with a worried face. He was holding me in an instant and I could feel his body trembling from the cold and probably also from adrenaline. I let go of him when I felt him wince.

"Are you okay?" I frowned, looking up into his bashed up face.

"My ribs," Walter gripped his side. "But don't worry about it. It's Severn and Gio who we have to worry about."

Despite Walter's injuries, it didn't seem like he had exactly 'lost' against Ario and although it made me relieved, I wondered if that meant Ario had suffered the worse hand.

"What can I help with?" I asked, putting on a grim face as I looked past Walter into the kitchen.

"I don't know," Walter looked distressed. "Come on."

In the kitchen Phoenix was wiping down Severn's bruised and bloody face with wipes and disinfectant. I could only imagine the pain he felt as the alcohol came into contact with his cuts. Eli was the one who let Severn hold onto him each time he needed to cry out in pain, and from the looks of it, Eli had a few scratches himself. His cheek was bleeding and it made me wonder which one of the Santiagos had given him that wound.

Landon had successfully removed Gio's shirt and I immediately felt light headed when I saw the bleeding wound in his side. Gomez was crouched down and talking to Gio, holding his face and forcing him to keep looking at him, to stay awake.

"Walter," Landon barked, turning to look at us over his shoulder. "Get me the kit."

Walter went to a cupboard in the corner of the kitchen and got out a first aid bag, quite like the one I had at my flat but a lot bigger and full of a a lot more than just plasters. I snapped out of my daze and went to the sink, filling up a cup of water and passing it to Gomez who was closest to me.

"Thanks," he looked up at me, rubbing sweat from out of his eye.

I filled cups for all the boys, except Severn who had fallen unconscious and Gio who wasn't able to drink. I don't know how long it took for Phoenix to clean Severn up or for Landon to stitch Gio's wound, but eventually it was done.

"So what happened?" I asked after the two boys had been put to bed.

Landon was washing blood off his hands in the sink and Gomez was plastering his cut knuckles. I was sitting next to Walter who was sitting at the dining table looking tired and Phoenix was drinking ice cold water. All of them had an array of busted lips, bruised eyes and cut cheeks. And that was only what you could see on their faces.