anxiousness

"Your mom got in a car accident on the way to pick you guys up. So I can take you guys to the hospital to see her."

He turned around and started to walk to his patrol car.

Jacob followed behind him.

Autumn froze up, staring at the ground blankly.

Jacob turned around to see her not next to him.

"Come on Autumn!" Jacob says dragging her arm.

Autumn kept trying to deny what the officer just told her.

"This can't be true. No. No. No." Autumn kept thinking while she sat down in the back of the police car.

It felt weird for Jacob and Autumn being back in a car with the steering wheel on the left side, but they weren't focusing on that.

"Autumn" Jacob said, as he put his hand on her arm. She slapped his hand off her.

"no" Autumn whispers.

**Autumn's POV**

We arrived at the hospital after a few minutes since the Airport wasn't that far from the hospital. Jacob and I went to the ER looking for our mom when a lady in light blue scrubs walked up to us. She put her hands behind her back and said,

"Hello, your mother got rushed to the Operating Room when she arrived to the hospital. We will keep you updated on how she is doing."

She had her hair pulled back, it was blonde hair. She had beautiful blue eyes, and tan skin.

I wish I had her looks.

When she walked away, my heart started to beat so fast. I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't stop.

This was all on me, I got in a fight with her before I left.

After I thought those words, my heart started to beat.... Faster. I started to hyperventilate, and I couldn't stop.

"Autumn! What's wrong?" Jacob said as he grasped my arm. I put my hand on top of his, trying to make him let go, but he wouldn't. I squeezed his hand tightly, hoping I would stop.... But that was the last thing I remembered.