TWELVE: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Later that same day, Cameron was captured by Eli. Clueless as to why or who tipped his location off to Eli. Angry, of course, but some part of him had a feeling that he knew who would do such a thing for their benefit. However, admitting it would be the most difficult he could ever do. He didn't want to think of it.

"I must say, Rogue. You're a hard man to find," Eli said drinking a glass of wine. "As much as I like playing cat and mouse, it was getting irritating, you know what I mean?"

Cameron chuckled. "Well, it was fun while it lasted. Now, what do you want with me?"

Eli's expression changed. It was darker than before. He placed his glass on the table next to him and walked up to a tied-up Cameron. "You're the leader of a gang that caused a lot of pain to many of my men. I'm looking for the former leader. Where is he?"

Cameron burst into a lightly laugh. "Let me guess. My counter-part sent you a wild goose chase?"

Eli raised his brow. "That's for you to figure out for yourself, boy."

Cameron nodded. "So, she sent you after me."

Eli's silence confirmed it allowing a smirk to reach Cameron's lips. He was going to get her back for this in some way. In fact, he wasn't surprised that she would do this. As desperate as it is, deep inside he commended her for it. "Of course, she would."

"Tell me Rogue, where is Jason?" Eli asked again.

"She didn't tell you?" Cameron responded.

Eli thought back to the night Riley came to his party. He thought back to their conversation when he asked her why she was on his territory. His responded to the memory was a dark chuckle. "I should thank her for making my life easier. But that's not why you're here, dragon."

It was Cameron's turn to raise a brow. "Oh? Then why am I here, Chulo?"

"The men who killed some of mine. Where are they?"

Cameron shrugged. "I'm afraid I can't tell you, Chulo."

"And why is that dragon?" he asked.

"Serpent code. Member or not, never disclose the location of anyone."

Eli smiled a little though he was trying to keep the anger in him from exploding. "I'm all for the loyalty to your gang. However, my fallen men's families deserve justice. Days and nights have gone by. Years even. But the pain is the same. You're a family man, dragon. I'm sure you'd do anything for family."

Cameron sighed. "The other dragon sent you on a dead end, Chulo."

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You're not getting their location out of me even if you tried force. Besides—"

A phone ringing interrupted them. Both turned to where the ringing came from and looked at a guard who was standing at the doorway answering it. The guard's face paled as he peeled the phone from his ear. "Sir, they've gone after the families."

"Get the task force to head there now! We don't have time to waste. As for you, dragon, I hope you know that the Serpents you lead will fall."

Cameron challenged him with a raised brow. "Is that so?"

"Tell your bottom feeders to stand down," Eli bit back coldly. "Now."

"Can't do that," Cameron responded playfully. "Kind of tied up, you know."

"Dragon, if you don't tell them to stand down, so god help me. I will raise hell on your gang!" he shouted.

Knowing that Eli wasn't a man to bluff or send empty threats, Cameron sighed. "Fine. Hendricks, Samuel, and Vin. They left the gang a few years ago after I stepped into the leader role. Said they wanted revenge for their families. Their kids that caught up all of this, the ones that died. As you know, they're heading for your men's families. They'll be there in the next hour. I suggest you move quickly, Chulo."

Finally getting what he wanted, Eli smirked. "That's all you had to do from the start, dragon. Being cooperative isn't so bad, isn't it?"

"Hurry up and release me. I've got a gang to deal with and personal business to attend to."

Eli made a tsk sound. "There's just one more thing I need to know before I release you."

"What not?" He asked annoyed.

"Your counterpart, her father's been missing for a while now." Eli revealed. "I believe you know where he is."

Cameron's expression had gone grim with all the possibilities running around in his mind. "I don't. Who took him?"

"The stealth branch in your gang, fool," Eli said drily.

Cameron's blood ran cold as he figured what Eli alluded to. "That branch disbanded before I even came to the Serpents."

Eli's eyes widen a little. "Then how come they're active?"

"I don't know."

As it dawned on him, the pain and fear that he had been fighting against for so long had crept up his spine. He didn't want to assume the worst, but it was all that ran through his mind. The possibly of his and her cover being blown. The idea of being exposed now was a daunting reality slowly coming to pass.

"Both of you need to leave," Eli said grimly. "Now. I'll handle her father's disappearance. You, get that girl and get of this country quickly."

A/N:

New chapter! Yay! 

It's short but you know we have to push the plot forward a little bit. I'm adding a little more flavor to the next one. You might be confused about what's happening in this chapter. Don't worry, everything will make sense later on. 

Well, stay safe everyone! WEAR A MASK! 

Good vibes only! 

(psa: stream dynamite by bts hehe) 

see you soon, lovelies!