NINTEEN: DIRTY LAUNDRY

WARNING!

Before we get in this chapter, there will be mentions of assault. If you are uncomfortable with this kind of content, please click out of the chapter. REAEDER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Let's get it.

NINETEEN: DIRTY LAUNDRY

The ocean is confusing.

The thoughts that flowed throughout her mind kept piling on. The battle of self was becoming more difficult by day. Unfairness, she screamed. Cried at nights when he thought that she was okay. They were silent so that he couldn't hear them. Every time, she tries to show her love, she holds back because of trauma. Because of this, she began to wonder if she was a good girlfriend to him. How could you be someone's girlfriend if you can't be affectionate with them nor intimate with them?

They have been together since they were fifteen/sixteen. Yes, she would give a peck here and there. Yes, they would be somewhat intimate, but she knows that he wants more. He wants to give his all to her. She wants to do that as well, but she knows that she can't. She can't give him what they both need to further their relationship. Sitting in the room, she covered her face with her hands and tears began to flow. Silently, she wept knowing how much she wants to show Cameron how much she truly loves him.

The door began to open. Immediately, she wiped her tears and composed herself. Her gazed averted to the doorway with Cameron standing there. That warm smile he had dropped. He approached her and stooped in front of her, taking her hands. "What's wrong, love?"

She avoided eye contact with him. "Nothing...I'm fine. Why?"

He scowled. "Don't lie to me, babe. I heard you." He gently took her chin and turned her head so she would face him. "If there's something wrong, you can tell me." He told her gently.

Her eyes became glassy. "Why do you even put up with me? Why do you bother to be with me?"

"It's because I love you. You know that." he answered honestly."

Her tears start to flow out. "But I can't give you what you want. I can't love like I used to. You deserve so much better than me, Cameron."

"Ri—"

"I'm serious, Cam. I can't be the girlfriend you really want. Who would want someone who couldn't defend themselves after getting assaulted? Why would you even bat an eye at someone like me? There are way better people than me. Why me? Why would you choose filth?" she said in between sobs. She couldn't bare to look at his face as she tried to compose herself. "I'm such a bad girlfriend. I can't even be affectionate with you. You should just—"

He moved to her right making her face him again. Wiping her tears, he gave her a warm smile. "I don't care if you're an assault victim, babe. I could care less about that. Because of that, you've become ten times more beautiful and gorgeous than you already have been. You're not filth. You're more than that. I don't want a perfect girlfriend. Give me all the flaws. Yes, there are options but they're not you. I could never ask for anything better. You're more than enough for me. You're everything I could ask for and more. Besides, no other woman could compare to you physically or mentally. You're perfect as you are." He caressed her cheek. "Don't beat yourself up about not being affectionate with me. It's okay. I can wait. We'll fight your trauma together, okay?"

She gave him a small smile. "I hate that you're so understanding and patient with me sometimes. You could be an amazing husband to someone one day."

He chuckled. "Correction, love. I'm going to be your amazing husband someday."

Hearing that, her heart raced skipping a beat. Her face was flushed with a soft pink tint. Not wanting him to see, she hid her face in his chest whilst she hugged him. She felt his chest rumble a little as a light laugh escaped. Hugging her back, he gently kissed her head. "As if we'll ever last that long."